Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We've been given a week...

We had another scary experience yesterday. Ellie had a bm, her rectal prolapse came out, and we couldn't get it back in!!! She kept saying she wasn't finished, and that she had more poopoo. We both ended up screaming and crying out of frustration. Bless her little heart, I think I would have given up going potty a long time ago if I had to deal with the frustrations Ellie has been. She, however, has still been asking to go potty, and hasn't been scared away yet. Dan was working in Spanish Fork, so he dropped by to help, he couldn't get it in either. We called the doctor, and he told us to come right in. I got Ellie dressed, and put her in the carseat...she screamed and screamed because she was in so much pain. Then, when we were almost at the doctor's office she told me her bum was better. I figured that it would have gone in before we got there, that always seems to happen with everything!!!

I ended up taking a picture that I wanted to show the doctor anyway. When we went in, we didn't have Ellie's regular pediatrician, we had Dr. Valdez. Dr. Valdez was very concerned that Ellie had rectal prolapse with all of her bm's. He sent us to get an Xray to show if she was impacted...she wasn't. Ellie was perfect during her Xray, she didn't even move, even though I could tell she was nervous.

I talked with Dr. Valdez for awhile about what we could do, or what might cause this. So the two things we will be doing this weekend is one, taking Ellie to Primary Children's Medical Center to be tested for Cystic Fibrosis (which I really doubt she has), and second I will be giving her a pill that will kill parasites or amoebas. If it is neither Cystic Fibrosis nor a parasite, we will be looking at surgery. I was told that this is possibly something Ellie could grow out of by the time she is five, but with how often it is happening, it isn't likely. If it doesn't end up getting better within a week we will be meeting with a Pediatric Surgeon.

Please keep us in your prayers!!! Pray for a parasite, if it isn't a parasite, pray that it isn't Cystic Fibrosis!!!

No comments: