Monday, April 28, 2008
Shave them of course!!
I just caught Dan shaving his arms. It was his big thing last year...he always wanted me to check out his forearms...yeah baby!! I'm still not convinced, I will continue to let my leg hairs go wild!!
Anyway, it cracks me up...I don't know how a construction worker can be so metro!!
Friday, April 25, 2008
1. Laundry is the ONLY house work I can keep on top of, Dan will say, "The house is a mess, but at least I have clean underwear."
2. I try not to end sentences with prepositional phrases, but sometimes I can't figure out how to re-word it...
3. I feel like my life experiences have shaped who I am, and I wouldn't trade a single one of them...even the most miserable of them.
4. I am very fearful of having another child, I don't know why...pregnancy and labor were a breeze. I just love Ellie to pieces, and the thought of having another one...dividing my time, and loving my kids equally, etc. seem impossible.
5. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff...I'm like Hector the Garbage Collector!! My house isn't filthy, but it has too many things.
6. I feel like I was born in the wrong era...I totally belong in the late 60s, early 70s.
7. I love cuddling with Dan, even though it sounds totally sappy (and it is), we still fall asleep cuddling.
8. I detest shaving my legs!! I need electrolysis, besides leg hair keeps me warm in the winter.
9. I'm Democrat, and I won't tell you that you are wrong if you don't tell me I'm wrong. I hate arguing politics or even discussing them.
10. Anytime I have a political "discussion" it only solidifies my beliefs.
11. I tell my visiting teachers...let's just be friends. I don't like having the message once a month, but I do like chatting.
12. Speedy, little animals and bugs scare me (mice, spiders, lizards)...ick!!
13. Ever since having Ellie, I have become a major homebody. I like sleeping in my own bed, in my own house. Hotel sheets seem scratchy.
14. I hate walking through a dark house...at least one light has to be on, I never know what is going to jump out at me when I turn a corner (most likely it is Dan, and it is HIS fault I'm scared of the dark).
15. I like designer jeans, but I think it is funny that Dan does too!!
16. I think receiving an education is the most important thing we can do for ourselves and our kids. We should encourage our spouses and kids to go to college.
17. I haven't balanced my checkbook in over a year...I don't even know where to begin!!
18. People can say Ellie looks like Dan, but I still don't see it, but if someone claims she looks like me, I won't deny it!!
19. I hate hospitals!! I was ready to leave right after I had Ellie.
20. I love looking at pictures, especially from talented photographers...I could look at their websites all day long. I wish I could be that talented. In fact, one of the reasons I like America's Next Top Model (I haven't watched it for a while) is because I like to see the photos at the end.
21. I will try on at least two outfits before I leave the house...it drives Dan batty!!
22. I hate seeing makeup lines on people...I think it looks nasty.
23. I hate crying in front of people, and I've done it far more this year than I ever have.
24. I love the beach...the sand between my toes, the smell of salt in the air, but I refuse to go any deeper than my waist in the ocean.
25. My closet is color coordinated. Dan is color blind, and it drives me nuts when he puts my clothes away...purple and blue are TWO different colors!!
26. I can't stand liars. White lies are okay, but I hate when people lie, especially about stupid, little things that don't matter.
27. I hate being in uncomfortable situations, and I will avoid them like the plague.
28. My mother has the crafty, talented gene...I didn't get it, I did get the chocolate loving one though!! :)
29. I don't like when anyone is mean to my brothers. I'll take up for them, even if they are in the wrong.
30. I always say that Ellie was four years premature, we definitely weren't ready to have her when we did, but we wouldn't trade her for the world.
31. I never knew how I parented, until Ellie started getting after me...it isn't pretty.
32. I combine words. Does anyone know what a parapalegal is? Apparently it is a paraplegic who is a paralegal.
33. I hate watching men sing. I just hate when their mouths are opened for long periods of time...like church songs...they make me embarrassed.
34. I have never had a professional massage...but I want one (anyone want to hint this to Dan?).
35. I can never keep up with Dan when we are walking...I have short legs, and if I'm wearing heels, you can rest assured that I'm at least two minutes behind!!
36. When I'm nervous, I speak really fast. A planned ten minute talk can take me five minutes...impressive, I know!!
37. I don't think I could have been paired better with anyone than Dan (except when he is grumpy, I'll trade him). We are a lot of like, but different enough to keep things interesting.
38. I wish I found cleaning house therapeutic...but I don't, I don't think I ever will.
39. I like tattoos, but at the same time, I wish I never got one.
40. I hate road rage, when Dan is "acting out" I usually duck in the car.
41. I've never left Ellie over night, and the thought of it scares me. I like to have my family all together.
42. I hate the smell of fast food places, grease mixed with cleaning solution...it makes me want to vomit!!
43. I try to learn from the examples of others. One of the main reasons I value education so much is because my grandma became a widow at a very young age, and she had to go back to school with three young kids.
44. I hate fishing, hunting and camping. These are totally not up my alley. Luckily, I don't think they are up Dan's either (well, maybe camping).
45. I never want a pet. I'm not a dog or a cat person...maybe a monkey?
46. I like baths. Yes, I stew in my own filth!!
47. Even though at times I might complain about it, I really like to have Ellie as my sidekick.
48. No one, other than my family and a couple close friends have ever watched Ellie. I'm fearful of sending her to a daycare center (so, I need lots to investigate this summer since I won't have a way around it next semester).
49. I like low maintenance friends...mainly because I am such a bad friend!!
50. I love that my mom orders People magazine so I don't have too. I love doing the crossword puzzles.
51. I don't like babies, especially newborns...they make me nervous.
52. I love toddlers...they can play by themselves, you can have a two-sided conversation, and they can communicate what they want (most of the time).
53. Whenever I see someone pregnant...it makes me happy, because it isn't me!!
54. I'm a full-fledged blog stalker, I've probably found you before you've found me...yes, I'm just that good!!
55. I don't like drama, but I like to read it.
56. I hate runny noses on kids!! ICK!
57. I love water: the pool, the beach, lakes, etc.
58. I'm really good at remembering numbers.
59. I've never been a girly girl, but I enjoy dressing up and wearing nice clothes when I leave the house.
60. If I could sleep in every day until 10 am, I'd totally do it. I'm not a morning person!!
61. I would like to build my own house, but I'm so fickle that I don't think I'd like the outcome.
62. I'm addicted to reality TV, I even have dreams about certain shows (America's Next Top Model and Rock of Love to name a few).
63. I would love to move out of state, but I'd be so sad to leave my family that I don't think I would be able to do it. Ellie loves my parents, my grandma, and my brothers, and I don't ever want that to change.
64. I'm usually a pretty forgiving person, but if I feel the line has been crossed one too many times...I'll quit trying.
65. I love sports, but I get too nervous to play with Dan. It isn't that I'm bad at them either...I played on a basketball team (with boys) from second grade to ninth grade. I also played softball forever.
66. I love going out to eat. Especially when I come home and realize I didn't have to mess up my kitchen.
67. I'm not very good at managing my time, like right now for instance...my house is a mess, but I am working up to my 100 things about me post, oh and Ellie is currently not helping the status of my messy house.
68. I'm not a jewelry person, I wish I was...I've found a lot of cool earrings for my mom and my sister-in-law, but I can't do it.
69. I like old rock...Zepplin, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Lynyrd Skynard, The Animals, etc., and no other music can compare.
70. I'm not very organized, but I wish I was (that's the first step, right?).
71. As unorganized as I am, toys have to be put away with "all of their parts". That is what drives me batty when Dan cleans. There is a system to my madness...I swear!!
72. I find it hilarious when Dan talks about people he wants to nominate for What Not to Wear.
73. I'm nosey, I love to eave's drop on other people's conversations...I think that is partly why I am a blog stalker, I like being a "fly on the wall".
74. I love roller coaster rides, especially when it feels like your stomach has just dropped to the floor.
75. I get really nervous on planes...I think it might be the take off, but I'm not sure.
76. When I am cold, I rub my hands together in-between my thighs...funny thing is that Ellie does it too!!
77. I liked cooking until Dan told our friends that his favorite food was Hamburger Helper...who can compete with that crap?
78. When Dan and I were first married we would drive by the temple and yell, "DON'T DO IT!!" We thought we were pretty funny.
79. Dan and I talk on the phone at least three times a day...I love it!!
80. Shoes are my obsession, you can NEVER have too many.
81. My favorite vacation would have to be at the beach with nothing else to do.
82. I cuss, and that will probably never change.
83. I can't get my blood drawn without passing out...can anyone else feel the blood being sucked out? I hate that feeling.
84. I've passed out two times (when drawing blood was not being done), both times were when someone was explaining something very graphic....one Egyptian Mummification and when the orthodontist was explaining a procedure he wanted to do with my teeth.
85. I'm a huge procrastinator...there is nothing like the rush of having to quickly finish a project that is due the next day.
86. I would love to go jogging, but I'm too scared to go alone (day or night...I'm such a wuss).
87. If I get laughing really hard, I will snort...and possibly hyperventilate.
88. I have flip flops in various colors...I love them.
89. If Dan has been hurt by someone, I usually have a hard time with that person...would that qualify me as loyal?
90. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I can't find the other pair of a sock!
91. I don't like driving long distances...it makes me nervous (when I drive and when Dan drives).
92. I would love to wake up one day and be able to see without contacts or glasses (LASIK here I come).
93. I do not like buffets. I think everything tastes the same. Plus, you tend to eat WAY more than intended.
94. I am awful when it comes to taking medication (birth control, antibiotics, etc.). Ellie is living proof of that!! :)
95. I think my worst quality is being impatient.
96. I can pinch and pick things up with my toes...don't be jealous!! :)
97. I like to buy Ellie's clothes ahead of time (yep, she's covered until she is four).
98. I only really, truly like charcoal grills.
99. I DO NOT like scary things of any nature (no haunted houses, no scary movies). I have nightmares for weeks!!
100. I have not eaten at McDonald's in over two years, and I don't ever plan on eating there ever again (the movie Super Size Me totally ruined it for me).
So, for posterity's sake... my 100 list!!
1. The Chillon Reception Center
3. Kiddie Kampus (daycare center in St. George)
4. Zions Bank
Movies I'd watch over and over...
1. Raising Arizona
2. Napoleon Dynamite
Favorite TV shows...
2. The Office
3. Samantha Who
4. Miss Guided (I have SO many more...)
2. buying crafts or supporting those who craft on my behalf :P
3. jogging (ask me if I've done it lately though...)
4. blogging (can this be a hobby?)
Places I've lived...
1. Spanish Fork
3. St. George
1. Seafood (I'm more partial to the "real deal")
2. PF Changs
4. spinach salad
Places I'd rather be...
2. the beach
3. St. George
4. a cruise
Websites I visit...
1. LDS Babycenter
3. various blogs
4. UVSC...I am now awaiting grades...
3. Mom (get back on the blogging bandwagon)
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Meghan Sonnenberg did our photos back in December on a snowy day...we thought the pictures turned out beautiful with the snowy background, but we weren't able to get a lot of pictures taken because of said background. Anyhow, since Ben is leaving on Wednesday *wipe away a tear*, she offered to do some more for us.
Let me start by saying, Saturday morning was GORGEOUS and started out great, the sun was out, it was fairly warm, Ellie was in a good mood...Then the afternoon hit, I couldn't get Ellie down for a nap, OH and the weather, windy...not just a little windy, BUT crazy windy!! I finally got Ellie down at 2:45 only to have to wake her up at 4:15. She was such a grump!! We got to our destination for pictures (it was a fabulous farm with a covered bridge...Aaron's idea). The wind was still a blowin', but my little fam made it down there about 30 minutes before everyone else (Ellie won't even look at us if Grandpa or Aaron are around).
Anyway, family pictures can be seen here. She really did a fantastic job, I was worried there wouldn't be any to choose from!! I'm really happy with them though.
Three cheers for Meghan!! YAY!!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Also this morning, she was calling for me again (there is some trend to this, I know...). I went in to get her, and she said, "Mom, I dried the bed." Drying the bed is ten times better than wetting the bed!!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Anyhoo...back to picking Ellie up from Grandma's house...I wasn't there but 20 minutes when Ellie started acting all crazy-like...she was shaking her head back and forth, stumbled over her feet, and smacked right into the corner of a table. The size of her bump was HUGE...the pictures don't do it justice! Now for the current dilemma (remember pictures are on Saturday)...bangs or no bangs? I feel a poll coming on...you only have tomorrow to vote (Michelle leaves on Friday).
Saturday, April 12, 2008
- Miss Ellie was born on July 7, 2003. I had my doctor's appointment the day before (my doctor was leaving on vacation the ninth, so I told her she wasn't going anywhere until she delivered my baby...I basically coerced her into inducing me). I was scheduled to be induced sometime on the 7th. I went to one of Dan's softball games on the 6th, and then we went out to eat with some of our friends, when we finally got home (around 9:30 pm), there was a message on our answering machine from the hospital...they said they would induce me that night...so I went into the hospital on July 6th at 10:30 pm, and Ellie was born at 8:45 am on the 7th (check out those tan lines...I still went to the pool even though I looked like a beached whale!!).
- Miss Ellie was 8 lbs. 4 oz. She had black, curly hair, and she was so sweet. The nurses commented on how beautiful she was. We have video of her getting her newborn shots, she was screaming and crying, but as soon as Dan started talking to her, she looked right at him and stopped!! Loved that baby!!
- Ellie was such a chunk, I have many topless photos of her...Dan commented on one of them saying..."it looks like she needs a bra..."
- Before Ellie had teeth, she would bite...you'd think a gummy bite wouldn't hurt, but trust me, it left a MARK!! She was playing with Uncle Ben once, I think she got excited, and when she bit him she pulled the skin away from his cheek...OUCH!!
- When Ellie finally got her teeth (around ten months) she got her two bottom, and then she got her two top side teeth...she looked like a hillbilly!! Look closely in the picture...you'll see it (or click on it to enlarge it).
- Ellie started walking (upright) when she was 13 months, but before she did that she walked like Mowgli (hands and feet on the ground). It was so funny!!
- I can't ever remember a time when Ellie wasn't silly, she loves laughing! I would say that she likes when people laugh, but recently she pulls some MAJOR attitude when anyone "laughs at her".
- Ellie has always been a daredevil, we have videos of her jumping on the kitchen table and jumping from the coffee table to the couch when she was only 18 months old (yep, I've allowed my house to be a jungle gym. In the video where she is jumping from the coffee table, she is talking about her friend Natalie (Na Na), she was jumping from the coffee table too... :)
- Her first word was ball. Ellie and Grandpa were and have been the best of buds, he would take her on walks, and while they were on their walks he'd chat with her...I accredit a lot of her talking to him!! When she first started talking, she'd say everyone's name in a high pitch voice...my mom corrected her, and everytime she talks about my mom she says "Grandma" in a low, scruffy voice.
- Ellie began potty training about a month before her second birthday...Grandma GiGi was watching her while I was at school. Ellie was begging for another fruit rollup, Grandma told her she needed to sit on the potty first...she did, and the rest is history!! She's been such an easy kid!!
- Ellie is VERY coordinated, she amazes me!! She is in gymnastics, she can walk on the balance beam all by herself, and when she works on the bars or rings she can bring her legs up...none of the other kids in her class can do that yet!! She also is our little skateboarder, she likes to do "cool tricks" on it. She is so good at anything she tries...
- Ellie is pretty shy when she first meets someone, but she will talk about that person for DAYS!! She has such a good memory. Once while we were getting out of the car (at least two months ago), she dropped her bouncy ball (after I told her to hold on to it), I wasn't about to chase after it...she cried and cried about it. She kept asking about her blue ball for days, and everytime she would cry. I thought she forgot about it, until she brought it up again two days ago...SHEESH!!
- Ellie is wild and crazy!! She likes to "crazy cuddle" meaning she tackles you and jumps and crawls all over you, while kissing and hugging...she is my monkey-girl!! She loves to cuddle at bed time, and she whispers in my ear, "I love you mom, you're perfect."
- Ellie is a chatter-box...she says funny and grown up things all the time. I got after her the other day and she replied, "MOM...it's not YOUR problem, it's MY problem!!"
- Ellie is a water baby!! She loves the pool, she's been in swim lessons every summer, and when we went to Florida, she always wanted to go to the pool or the beach!!
- Ellie's current, favorite show (besides SpongeBob) is Dancing with the Stars. I'd like to say that I get to watch it, but Ellie likes Dan or me...or all of us to dance "together".
Tag to: Natalie, Amelia, Sam, Braden, Grant, Kinsey and Hailey.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
I'm still trying to figure when I've ever made mention of coffee...my little girl she is quite intuitive!!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
You Are Mulan!
Strong and spirited. You're no one's girly girl; actually you are very determined person with a strong sense of self. Never let go of that! The only thing that equals your sense of self is your family, but the traditions of society can always be bent to protect something or someone you love.
Which Disney Princess Are You?