Saturday, April 12, 2008

Miss Ellie...A Tag (from Brooklyn)!!



  • Miss Ellie was born on July 7, 2003. I had my doctor's appointment the day before (my doctor was leaving on vacation the ninth, so I told her she wasn't going anywhere until she delivered my baby...I basically coerced her into inducing me). I was scheduled to be induced sometime on the 7th. I went to one of Dan's softball games on the 6th, and then we went out to eat with some of our friends, when we finally got home (around 9:30 pm), there was a message on our answering machine from the hospital...they said they would induce me that night...so I went into the hospital on July 6th at 10:30 pm, and Ellie was born at 8:45 am on the 7th (check out those tan lines...I still went to the pool even though I looked like a beached whale!!).

  • Miss Ellie was 8 lbs. 4 oz. She had black, curly hair, and she was so sweet. The nurses commented on how beautiful she was. We have video of her getting her newborn shots, she was screaming and crying, but as soon as Dan started talking to her, she looked right at him and stopped!! Loved that baby!!


  • Ellie was such a chunk, I have many topless photos of her...Dan commented on one of them saying..."it looks like she needs a bra..."



  • Before Ellie had teeth, she would bite...you'd think a gummy bite wouldn't hurt, but trust me, it left a MARK!! She was playing with Uncle Ben once, I think she got excited, and when she bit him she pulled the skin away from his cheek...OUCH!!
  • When Ellie finally got her teeth (around ten months) she got her two bottom, and then she got her two top side teeth...she looked like a hillbilly!! Look closely in the picture...you'll see it (or click on it to enlarge it).



  • Ellie started walking (upright) when she was 13 months, but before she did that she walked like Mowgli (hands and feet on the ground). It was so funny!!



  • I can't ever remember a time when Ellie wasn't silly, she loves laughing! I would say that she likes when people laugh, but recently she pulls some MAJOR attitude when anyone "laughs at her".

  • Ellie has always been a daredevil, we have videos of her jumping on the kitchen table and jumping from the coffee table to the couch when she was only 18 months old (yep, I've allowed my house to be a jungle gym. In the video where she is jumping from the coffee table, she is talking about her friend Natalie (Na Na), she was jumping from the coffee table too... :)

  • Her first word was ball. Ellie and Grandpa were and have been the best of buds, he would take her on walks, and while they were on their walks he'd chat with her...I accredit a lot of her talking to him!! When she first started talking, she'd say everyone's name in a high pitch voice...my mom corrected her, and everytime she talks about my mom she says "Grandma" in a low, scruffy voice.
  • Ellie began potty training about a month before her second birthday...Grandma GiGi was watching her while I was at school. Ellie was begging for another fruit rollup, Grandma told her she needed to sit on the potty first...she did, and the rest is history!! She's been such an easy kid!!

  • Ellie is VERY coordinated, she amazes me!! She is in gymnastics, she can walk on the balance beam all by herself, and when she works on the bars or rings she can bring her legs up...none of the other kids in her class can do that yet!! She also is our little skateboarder, she likes to do "cool tricks" on it. She is so good at anything she tries...

  • Ellie is pretty shy when she first meets someone, but she will talk about that person for DAYS!! She has such a good memory. Once while we were getting out of the car (at least two months ago), she dropped her bouncy ball (after I told her to hold on to it), I wasn't about to chase after it...she cried and cried about it. She kept asking about her blue ball for days, and everytime she would cry. I thought she forgot about it, until she brought it up again two days ago...SHEESH!!

  • Ellie is wild and crazy!! She likes to "crazy cuddle" meaning she tackles you and jumps and crawls all over you, while kissing and hugging...she is my monkey-girl!! She loves to cuddle at bed time, and she whispers in my ear, "I love you mom, you're perfect."
  • Ellie is a chatter-box...she says funny and grown up things all the time. I got after her the other day and she replied, "MOM...it's not YOUR problem, it's MY problem!!"
  • Ellie is a water baby!! She loves the pool, she's been in swim lessons every summer, and when we went to Florida, she always wanted to go to the pool or the beach!!


  • Ellie's current, favorite show (besides SpongeBob) is Dancing with the Stars. I'd like to say that I get to watch it, but Ellie likes Dan or me...or all of us to dance "together".

Tag to: Natalie, Amelia, Sam, Braden, Grant, Kinsey and Hailey.

11 comments:

Susan said...

Cute little Ellie I forgot her Mowgli walk!

Team Hancock said...

Katy,

Your family is so very fun. I think it's adorable you remember so much stuff about her growing up. She is such a doll, she is the perfect blend of you and Dan.

Lindsay said...

What a cutie! It's fun to look at pictures of when your little ones are younger. It's makes you realize that they don't stay little for very long. BTW, you were so tan in the picture at the hospital--can't wait for warm weather!

The Gulls said...

Ellie is the cutiest little girl. I love her tag.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

She is YOU Katy! I love it! Hey was that a tag for my Amelia?

Katy said...

Yep...just do a post all about Amelia.

Susan said...

You need to quit being naughty or she's going to come and live with us. I don't know who you think you are telling her "NO!"

Katy said...

Well, she ONLY ever gets injured at your house...I guess boundaries are a good thing, right? ;)

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

I can't believe she was that tiny! I never did see pictures of when she was a newborn. What a cutie!

Katie L. said...

Is that my Sam? She is so cute! I loved her hair when she was born! Wow!

Jenni said...

I loved seeing all those cute pictures! What a sweetie!