Friday, April 25, 2008

100 things about me...

I don't know how far I will get on this, but I'll start...

1. Laundry is the ONLY house work I can keep on top of, Dan will say, "The house is a mess, but at least I have clean underwear."

2. I try not to end sentences with prepositional phrases, but sometimes I can't figure out how to re-word it...

3. I feel like my life experiences have shaped who I am, and I wouldn't trade a single one of them...even the most miserable of them.

4. I am very fearful of having another child, I don't know why...pregnancy and labor were a breeze. I just love Ellie to pieces, and the thought of having another one...dividing my time, and loving my kids equally, etc. seem impossible.

5. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff...I'm like Hector the Garbage Collector!! My house isn't filthy, but it has too many things.

6. I feel like I was born in the wrong era...I totally belong in the late 60s, early 70s.

7. I love cuddling with Dan, even though it sounds totally sappy (and it is), we still fall asleep cuddling.

8. I detest shaving my legs!! I need electrolysis, besides leg hair keeps me warm in the winter.

9. I'm Democrat, and I won't tell you that you are wrong if you don't tell me I'm wrong. I hate arguing politics or even discussing them.

10. Anytime I have a political "discussion" it only solidifies my beliefs.

11. I tell my visiting teachers...let's just be friends. I don't like having the message once a month, but I do like chatting.

12. Speedy, little animals and bugs scare me (mice, spiders, lizards)...ick!!

13. Ever since having Ellie, I have become a major homebody. I like sleeping in my own bed, in my own house. Hotel sheets seem scratchy.

14. I hate walking through a dark house...at least one light has to be on, I never know what is going to jump out at me when I turn a corner (most likely it is Dan, and it is HIS fault I'm scared of the dark).

15. I like designer jeans, but I think it is funny that Dan does too!!

16. I think receiving an education is the most important thing we can do for ourselves and our kids. We should encourage our spouses and kids to go to college.

17. I haven't balanced my checkbook in over a year...I don't even know where to begin!!

18. People can say Ellie looks like Dan, but I still don't see it, but if someone claims she looks like me, I won't deny it!!

19. I hate hospitals!! I was ready to leave right after I had Ellie.

20. I love looking at pictures, especially from talented photographers...I could look at their websites all day long. I wish I could be that talented. In fact, one of the reasons I like America's Next Top Model (I haven't watched it for a while) is because I like to see the photos at the end.

21. I will try on at least two outfits before I leave the house...it drives Dan batty!!

22. I hate seeing makeup lines on people...I think it looks nasty.

23. I hate crying in front of people, and I've done it far more this year than I ever have.

24. I love the beach...the sand between my toes, the smell of salt in the air, but I refuse to go any deeper than my waist in the ocean.

25. My closet is color coordinated. Dan is color blind, and it drives me nuts when he puts my clothes away...purple and blue are TWO different colors!!

26. I can't stand liars. White lies are okay, but I hate when people lie, especially about stupid, little things that don't matter.

27. I hate being in uncomfortable situations, and I will avoid them like the plague.

28. My mother has the crafty, talented gene...I didn't get it, I did get the chocolate loving one though!! :)

29. I don't like when anyone is mean to my brothers. I'll take up for them, even if they are in the wrong.

30. I always say that Ellie was four years premature, we definitely weren't ready to have her when we did, but we wouldn't trade her for the world.

31. I never knew how I parented, until Ellie started getting after me...it isn't pretty.

32. I combine words. Does anyone know what a parapalegal is? Apparently it is a paraplegic who is a paralegal.

33. I hate watching men sing. I just hate when their mouths are opened for long periods of time...like church songs...they make me embarrassed.

34. I have never had a professional massage...but I want one (anyone want to hint this to Dan?).

35. I can never keep up with Dan when we are walking...I have short legs, and if I'm wearing heels, you can rest assured that I'm at least two minutes behind!!

36. When I'm nervous, I speak really fast. A planned ten minute talk can take me five minutes...impressive, I know!!

37. I don't think I could have been paired better with anyone than Dan (except when he is grumpy, I'll trade him). We are a lot of like, but different enough to keep things interesting.

38. I wish I found cleaning house therapeutic...but I don't, I don't think I ever will.

39. I like tattoos, but at the same time, I wish I never got one.

40. I hate road rage, when Dan is "acting out" I usually duck in the car.

41. I've never left Ellie over night, and the thought of it scares me. I like to have my family all together.

42. I hate the smell of fast food places, grease mixed with cleaning solution...it makes me want to vomit!!

43. I try to learn from the examples of others. One of the main reasons I value education so much is because my grandma became a widow at a very young age, and she had to go back to school with three young kids.

44. I hate fishing, hunting and camping. These are totally not up my alley. Luckily, I don't think they are up Dan's either (well, maybe camping).

45. I never want a pet. I'm not a dog or a cat person...maybe a monkey?

46. I like baths. Yes, I stew in my own filth!!

47. Even though at times I might complain about it, I really like to have Ellie as my sidekick.

48. No one, other than my family and a couple close friends have ever watched Ellie. I'm fearful of sending her to a daycare center (so, I need lots to investigate this summer since I won't have a way around it next semester).

49. I like low maintenance friends...mainly because I am such a bad friend!!

50. I love that my mom orders People magazine so I don't have too. I love doing the crossword puzzles.

51. I don't like babies, especially newborns...they make me nervous.

52. I love toddlers...they can play by themselves, you can have a two-sided conversation, and they can communicate what they want (most of the time).

53. Whenever I see someone pregnant...it makes me happy, because it isn't me!!

54. I'm a full-fledged blog stalker, I've probably found you before you've found me...yes, I'm just that good!!

55. I don't like drama, but I like to read it.

56. I hate runny noses on kids!! ICK!

57. I love water: the pool, the beach, lakes, etc.

58. I'm really good at remembering numbers.

59. I've never been a girly girl, but I enjoy dressing up and wearing nice clothes when I leave the house.

60. If I could sleep in every day until 10 am, I'd totally do it. I'm not a morning person!!

61. I would like to build my own house, but I'm so fickle that I don't think I'd like the outcome.

62. I'm addicted to reality TV, I even have dreams about certain shows (America's Next Top Model and Rock of Love to name a few).

63. I would love to move out of state, but I'd be so sad to leave my family that I don't think I would be able to do it. Ellie loves my parents, my grandma, and my brothers, and I don't ever want that to change.

64. I'm usually a pretty forgiving person, but if I feel the line has been crossed one too many times...I'll quit trying.

65. I love sports, but I get too nervous to play with Dan. It isn't that I'm bad at them either...I played on a basketball team (with boys) from second grade to ninth grade. I also played softball forever.

66. I love going out to eat. Especially when I come home and realize I didn't have to mess up my kitchen.

67. I'm not very good at managing my time, like right now for instance...my house is a mess, but I am working up to my 100 things about me post, oh and Ellie is currently not helping the status of my messy house.

68. I'm not a jewelry person, I wish I was...I've found a lot of cool earrings for my mom and my sister-in-law, but I can't do it.

69. I like old rock...Zepplin, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Lynyrd Skynard, The Animals, etc., and no other music can compare.

70. I'm not very organized, but I wish I was (that's the first step, right?).

71. As unorganized as I am, toys have to be put away with "all of their parts". That is what drives me batty when Dan cleans. There is a system to my madness...I swear!!

72. I find it hilarious when Dan talks about people he wants to nominate for What Not to Wear.

73. I'm nosey, I love to eave's drop on other people's conversations...I think that is partly why I am a blog stalker, I like being a "fly on the wall".

74. I love roller coaster rides, especially when it feels like your stomach has just dropped to the floor.

75. I get really nervous on planes...I think it might be the take off, but I'm not sure.

76. When I am cold, I rub my hands together in-between my thighs...funny thing is that Ellie does it too!!

77. I liked cooking until Dan told our friends that his favorite food was Hamburger Helper...who can compete with that crap?

78. When Dan and I were first married we would drive by the temple and yell, "DON'T DO IT!!" We thought we were pretty funny.

79. Dan and I talk on the phone at least three times a day...I love it!!

80. Shoes are my obsession, you can NEVER have too many.

81. My favorite vacation would have to be at the beach with nothing else to do.

82. I cuss, and that will probably never change.

83. I can't get my blood drawn without passing out...can anyone else feel the blood being sucked out? I hate that feeling.

84. I've passed out two times (when drawing blood was not being done), both times were when someone was explaining something very graphic....one Egyptian Mummification and when the orthodontist was explaining a procedure he wanted to do with my teeth.

85. I'm a huge procrastinator...there is nothing like the rush of having to quickly finish a project that is due the next day.

86. I would love to go jogging, but I'm too scared to go alone (day or night...I'm such a wuss).

87. If I get laughing really hard, I will snort...and possibly hyperventilate.

88. I have flip flops in various colors...I love them.

89. If Dan has been hurt by someone, I usually have a hard time with that person...would that qualify me as loyal?

90. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I can't find the other pair of a sock!

91. I don't like driving long distances...it makes me nervous (when I drive and when Dan drives).

92. I would love to wake up one day and be able to see without contacts or glasses (LASIK here I come).

93. I do not like buffets. I think everything tastes the same. Plus, you tend to eat WAY more than intended.

94. I am awful when it comes to taking medication (birth control, antibiotics, etc.). Ellie is living proof of that!! :)

95. I think my worst quality is being impatient.

96. I can pinch and pick things up with my toes...don't be jealous!! :)

97. I like to buy Ellie's clothes ahead of time (yep, she's covered until she is four).

98. I only really, truly like charcoal grills.

99. I DO NOT like scary things of any nature (no haunted houses, no scary movies). I have nightmares for weeks!!

100. I have not eaten at McDonald's in over two years, and I don't ever plan on eating there ever again (the movie Super Size Me totally ruined it for me).

So, for posterity's sake... my 100 list!!

9 comments:

Tyler said...

I keep saying I am going to do that, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I laughed so hard, especially about the hamburger helper "crap!" That was too funny. Sometimes I go to great lengths for "nice" meals only to find out Tyler prefers good ol' meatloaf.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

I would love to do this...and I will ...even if it takes me a year!
I'll work on it little by little so we'll see...?

I love that you color coordinate your closet, and that ellie's got enough clothes till she's 4 !

Katie L. said...

I don't know if I could come up with 100 things! I loved reading this...it made me smile! I also LOVE America's Next Top Model! Hello the pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! Just so you know, when I got pregnant with Sam, I freaked out (I really cried for days) because I couldn't see how I could love this new one as much as I love Ben. But somehow it just happens naturally! I swear! And I am so like you, babies freak me out & I HATE to be pregnant...I wish they came out at least a 1 year old...just not that big because OW!!!! :)

The Gulls said...

I love your 100 list. its so funny. I can relate to you guys on the whole kid thing. One is good enough for me. Im not sure i could handle another one. corbin drives me NUTS! Got to love them though.

TiffanyHarrison said...

Katy-
How are you? Your little family is darling! I have a Ellie too..little girls are so fun. I loved reading your 100 list, you are so funny! Well, I had to say hi! I'm glad I will be able to stay updated on your cute little family.
Tiffany (Deveraux) Harrison

Janalyn said...

That was very entertaining Katy! It was fun to get to know you better. I love how you tell it like it is, it's very refreshing!

Lisa said...

You are Awesome. I would not be able to do that list. Although #87 Austin would call that Phase 1,2,3. I am the same way and Austin got a kick out of it, especially when I got to phase 3...

Katy said...

Lisa, you should totally do a list!! BTW, I always thought you and Austin had the best laughs!!

Christy said...

OOh, I loved that. I hear you on being embarrassed by men singing. It's almost too much to sit still through! I love how genuine you are. I miss your snorting and hyperventilating. I remember that!