Friday, January 8, 2010

The Daily Life...

1. I met with Ellie's preschool teacher a month ago. Ellie is doing fantastic. Apparently she is very social, and likes to tell stories that make the kids in her class laugh (sigh). When we got home I asked her to tell me a story that she told her class...

Ellie: I told them that my mom is going to have a baby, she has a big belly, and it is hairy.

Maybe she'll ask me to come to show & tell...

2. A couple days before Christmas, Ellie fell up the stairs. She killed one of her baby teeth. I'm in mourning. If you see her, and she smiles at you...I swear we brush her teeth religiously!! I feel like a pageant mom. I asked the dentist to paint or bleach it, and they look at me like I have five heads. I'm not entering her in any beauty competitions...I like baby teeth. I cry when my second graders lose their teeth.

Actually the horror of the story is that I saw the teeth coming in...awkward years are up a head...poor girl. I understand the need for flappers.

3. I hate tall, skinny, pregnant ladies. Seriously...must you make us average sized women feel so bad about ourselves? Have a twinkie.

4. As you can tell, no pictures of this pregnant lady are available...the baby is big. I also just noticed when I looked in the mirror, my butt wants to be proportional with my belly. I'm pretty much symmetrical.

5. I stripped down last night (in a totally non-sexual way) and asked Dan to search for stretch marks. He said he didn't see any...if I find some after this baby is born, heads will spin.

6. My 30 year old husband is playing Halo tonight. Let me repeat, he's 30.

7. Since when did Ellie become my buddy? She constantly cuddles with me, sits on my lap, and last night when she came into our room, she put her arm around me, and gave me a kiss. I think Dan is jealous. She's suffocating me.

8. I've officially decided that telling family/friends name choices is a bad idea. Everyone's a critic. As for now we have three names sporadically written on a calendar, whatever day this kiddo is born on will determine his name. Sorry if you don't like it family members, just pretend.

9. Why is it that my maternity clothes are tight in the belly, and too big in the boobs. I mean, I'm finally filling an A cup...that's got to be worth something, right?

10. Last, but not least...I'm investing in cloth diapers. Go ahead, tell me I'm gross and a granola. I've already heard it.

15 comments:

Meagan said...

I love your posts. They always make me laugh.

I like all the names you are considering (not that you really care about my opinion, though). No one ever told me that they didn't like the names I picked out, however I did later find out (from Maddie) that my dad wasn't a fan of Olivia at first. And, he didn't like Will either. Ha ha ha. I think he likes them now. He's NEVER said anything. But, even if he doesn't like them, oh well. They are my kids. MWUAHAHAHAHHA.

Celeste and Jared said...

Katy, you crack me up! I miss hanging out with you. Jared and
I found out the name thing with Connor. We haven't done it since. All that matters is that you and Dan like the name!! Hang it there. Love you!

Hill said...

you kill me! I love the calendar idea, that is perfect for an indecisive person like me. And I agree, people are more open to names when they see it attached to a cute newborn.

Katie L. said...

Love it! I think you look amazing!!!!

Swampy Carrie said...

ooo! What kind of cloth diapers did you decide to go with? I do have to say that I think the new fuzzi bunz one size diapers are fabulous!

Katy said...

Carrie, I was just going to try out the sample package from Jillian's Drawers, but maybe I would like fuzzi bunz instead (I just read up on them).

Do I need a plastic cover for them? Do the inserts needed come with the diaper purchase, or do I buy them separately? I'm not smart... :P

Danielle said...

You are awesome! Dan is 30, I remember thinking he was old when he was 25. Ha ha just kidding. After we hung out, Hailey told me her and Ellie were talking about being big sisters. Hailey says Ellie will be a good one(Mia is still breathing so I think you will be fine)!

Marci said...

Oh Katy, you make me laugh. Thanks. P.S. My word verification is "waitz" so I hope you can waitz a little longer for this baby to come.

The Hagen's said...

Hahahaha! Ok, I peed a little.... Can I move right next door to you? I feel like there is no funny people wherever I move.

Lisa said...

You are Hilarious!!! It's been forever since we have talked or hung out are you avoiding me?? j/k.. Whatever you pick or do is up to you and Dan mostly you!!! Love ya.

Mrs. Brindley said...

You kill me! Just so you know, to me, you are one of those tall, skinny pregnant ladies...see, I'm only 5 foot.. Don't get me wrong, you definitely have a belly, but that is about it! And, I'm sorry if I've offended you about any baby names...I will definitely to pretend to like whatever he becomes! :) And please, let me know how cloth diapering goes. I really am interested!

Heidi said...

Oh, Katy, your "Daily Life" sounds great! Love the hairy belly comment, reminds me of a "black" person comment Emma once made very loudly. Apparently she wanted the person to hear her. And I'm pretty sure they did.

I know you feel big, but you looked really good to me at the recital! Hang in there, as you already know, the body is amazing at bouncing back. I just wish mine would bounce back faster than it does!

Wendi said...

I too hate tall, skinny, pregnant ladies. But, I also hate pregnant ladies who don't get stretch marks! :)

Ashley said...

So glad that Candice sent me in your direction. :) I also noticed on your sidebar that we have the same anniversary; we were married October 11, 2007. Yay for Fall Break at school, right? :)

Lyns said...

You know FIL hates DD's name and is not a fan of this baby's name either...I constantly loose sleep over it (NOT!)