Monday, September 3, 2007

Ellie's Favorite Bedtime Song

WE ARE ALL ALIKE
(Words and Music by Hap Palmer)©Hap-Pal Music, Inc.

Like each flake of snow, floating through the sky
We are all unique, we are all alike
Take a look around, you will see its true
You're a lot like me, I'm a lot like you.

Everybody has eyes, they come in different shapes
Some are brown, some are blue, some are gray or green
Everybody has skin, it comes in many shades
It may be dark, it may be light, or somewhere in between

Everybody lives, everybody breathes
Everybody needs, everybody dreams, everyone is born,and changes through the years
We can laugh and cry, and share our hopes and fears.

We all have a body, any size will do
It may be thick, it may be thin, it could be short or tall
We all have a heart, let it beat with pride
A common bond goes on and on, we're people one and all!

Like each flake of snow, floating through the sky
We are all unique, we are all alike.
Take a look around, you will see it's true
You're a lot like me, I'm a lot like you.

Dan and I were driving home from my parent's house the other night, and Ellie broke out into song! Singing has become her favorite thing to do. Grandma GiGi has a microphone, so Ellie put on a show for us. Every night while I rock her to sleep Ellie asks me to sing the balloon song, which is the above song. I didn't know that she was capable of singing the whole first verse!

No comments: