Monday, November 17, 2008

Ellie-isms

Usually I do fairly well at keeping my blog updated (let's be honest I do better than most of you...I have to at least update it once a week!!), and still I am not doing too shabby, but I need to hurry and get these Ellie-isms out before I forget them!!

Dan (who I guess pretty much wants another baby), informed Ellie that mommy and daddy could make her a baby brother or sister if she wanted us to....uh, yeah...I don't even let Dan have input on that (obviously). Anyway, while I have been teaching my family has been helping take Ellie (they are so HELPFUL!!). My dad was watching Ellie, and they apparently had this conversation:

Ellie: Grandpa, I want a baby sister.

My Dad: You do?

Ellie: Yeah, did you know that my dad and I can make one if we want to?

Good thing she told my dad, he won't call CPS on us...

Today, I took down Halloween (get off my back, I've been busy!!). When I informed Ellie on what I was doing she said, "Oh, great....now our house is going to be boring again!!"

A couple of weeks ago, we had game night with some friends. Our house was a disaster, but luckily I had this multi-tasking girl...



I would say she will make a man happy some day, but I think that is sexist!! Besides, she is planning on being a blue (blue is her FAVORITE color, you know) doctor that delivers babies. Hopefully she finds a husband who is a GREAT housekeeper.

10 comments:

The Gulls said...

Man she is FUNNY! I was laughing about her and dan having a baby. I have never heard anyone say such funny things before

Jenni said...

Lol! Ellie makes me laugh. It makes me excited for when Rem is talking well enough to say those things.

Jenny/Moravia said...

LOL! That's too funny. Naomi wants to be a missionary and then a mommy.

Maddie said...

I love stories about her! :)
I miss your guts. Let's get together soon.

Katy said...

Maddie!! We miss you too!! One more week of teaching, then you are doomed to hang out with us on Wednesdays again.

Ashley Harward said...

Crack me up. Your little girl is hilarious! I bet you could make a fortune off her if she ever became a professional comedian.

camille said...

ha ha ha ha I love Ellie-ism! I need to write more of that kinda of stuff more frequently. =)

OH, and at least Ellie is not saying she wants 5 brothers and 6 sisters, and when you tell her over and over and over again that "not from this mommy" you are simply put in your place and told that the other mommy will do it then. (This has been Trent's line of thoughts for over 3 years now, lol.)

Danielle said...

I love that, she is so dang funny! We need to hang out. I just want to watch her and Hailey play and say dang funny things.

Lori said...

Man you are teaching her well!!!

You do look like Velma, but prettier :)

LOved the cart story. I love that Dan is such a kid, so fun for your kids.

Lynnette said...

That's too funny! What a sweet girl!