Friday, November 21, 2008

Today's Ellie-ism

Ellie and I had this discussion at bedtime:

Ellie: How come you get to stay up, and I can't?

Me: Because I'm an adult.

Ellie: Well, I just really want to be an adult.

Me: Just enjoy being a kid, you'll grow up fast enough.

Ellie: So, maybe when I'm six I can be an adult?

Me: Try 26.

Ellie: Whatever mom (as she rolls her eyes...who taught her that? I'm not looking forward to the teenage years.). When my bum is dry can I sleep in your bed?

Me: Sorry, only two adults maximum in a bed (well, at least in my house).

Ellie: I'm just kidding mom, I'm only a little girl. Can I sleep in your bed when my bum is dry?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

katy--you have seriously got a miss sassy pants on your hands...good luck for the next 10 years, at least she's freaking cute!

Marla said...

Oh good luck in those teen years! LOL She is so cute!! Not sure if it'll be so cute in those teen years! HA! Well, it probably will be to me, but not you! LOL

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Ellie sure is hilarious. You would never think she could be a shy litle thing. :)

Amanda said...

That is so cute! She's a doll :)