Thursday, November 13, 2008

Next Time, I'll go by MYSELF!!

Yesterday I got home a little late from school. Dan had gotten off early (nice to have him home, sucks because of a smaller paycheck). Anyway, we were in dire need of some groceries (WHAT!!? I've been busy.), so I suggested that Dan and Ellie join me at the grocery store.

Now when just Ellie and I go to the store, I refuse to use these stupid shopping carts:



Ellie knows and respects my wishes, but Dan...well he's a sucker. Dan runs Ellie up and down the aisles in these carts, she loves it. I really shouldn't question why she prefers her dad, should I? Anyway, back to the story at hand...

Ellie was whining (three year olds are the best, aren't they?), in her defense she was out late sans nap. She didn't want to be in the blue cart anymore, so I let her out. Dan and Ellie decided to play tag around the store which left me with this BIG, DAMN shopping cart!! I don't even know how to manuever these things. So, there I was at Macey's trying to get in-between the aisles without making sharp turns. I was sweating profusely, cussing under my breath, and getting weird looks, because I was pushing around this STUPID cart with no kid in it!!

Mark my words, this will NEVER happen again!! Forget about spending time with the family, I will enjoy my time by myself when I go shopping.

7 comments:

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Hey I've learned...it's better with NO kids in it than to have 5 kids fighting over who gets to drive! ...Dan is such a lil' kid, I love it! Maybe you should have asked him if he wanted you to push him in it! LOL :D

Anonymous said...

Dh and I love going grocery shopping w/o the kids. The whole family going and it's just a stressful nightmare.

Katie L. said...

Ha ha ha! I can totally picture you pushing that thing around with a "look" on your face that included sweat! Ha! I hate those things and I always tell my boys maybe next time but it doesn't happen. They are impossible to push! At least you got a workout! :)

Lisa said...

I have always preferred going to the grocery store by myself... If I take anyone the bill usually is alot more than I would like and I get grumpy from all the whining!!!

Wilkinson Family said...

Oh that makes me laugh! I am just glad my boys aren't old enough to ask for that cart...well Brecken probably would but he wouldn't win either :)

The Gulls said...

Corbin loves those shopping carts. But they are a pain in the butt to push around. especially if the store is busy and you have to try to get around people.

Marla said...

Ha ha!! Those carts are so heavy! I can't push them either. I send Dan out shopping without me, b/c I hate it. Ethan and I usually stay home.