Sunday, January 18, 2009

He without Stinky Breath...

So,we skipped out on church today (I swear we're not inactive!! We went two weeks ago, and all three of us went last week, but I left early with Ellie because she was throwing a royal fit!!). Don't tell my bishop...

What was the reason you ask...

Ellie takes pieces of gum out of our pack, and hides them all around the house (in pockets, in cupboards, etc., and it totally drives me crazy). Well, when I found my pack of gum this morning it was empty. Gum is my security blanket.

No big deal, right? Well, it is!! I have a huge fear of having bad breath and carrying on a conversation with a person that is already invading my personal bubble (I think mine is rather large) by sitting next to me. For example, I sat next to a really sweet lady in my ward the last time I went (two weeks ago...I'm not inactive), and she had ultra bad breath, and was mouth breathing all during Relief Society (which then made me want to mouth breath, but what if she was mouth breathing because I had bad breath...vicious cycle, I tell you). I seriously would have stuck Tic Tacs (if I had them on hand)up my nostrils regardless of the stares!!

To make my fear ten times worse, Grandma GiGi treated us to the Olive Garden yesterday. Afterwards, I couldn't kiss Dan without gagging, and he felt the same. Garlic sticks on us for days...(time for a flashback): Growing up my Dad would always come down to kiss us goodbye in the morning. Well on one particular morning (after I had eaten at PF Changs) he came down to kiss me before he left, and he said my room smelled like a Korean elevator (I've never been on one, but I'm guessing it isn't pleasant).

So out of service to our ward family, Dan and I bowed out of church services today, and TRUST me...they're grateful.

6 comments:

Melodie Anne said...

A: You always look like you have an amish beard. Take that!

B: I'm sure your whole ward is grateful. Now if only you would have given the same courtesy to we school ladies I would not have a tic-tac lodged in my brain.

Susan said...

A stinky breathed person was sitting behind me in church at the home ward. Everyone in the BYU student ward have righteous breath!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Your bishop called...he said he expressed his gratitude on behalf of the entire ward...but that you've now been marked officially INACTIVE! lol.

go to church, sinner!

The Hagen's said...

HA HA! That made me pee a little! I am the same way! I get so mad at Brad when he eats something oniony or garlicky and he would do it all the time when I was pregnant and I would want to PUKE my guts out! BLAH! GO GUM!

Vikki said...

Since We, (the hubby & I), got called to teach PRIMARY!, we can't sit in our designated back row, for sacrament meeting so we have to slip out now, cuz heaven forbid we sit near the front! Maybe we should try the stinky breath thing so the primary class won't come!

Emily C. said...

Katy-you have nothing on my bad breath (ask Emily). See if your hubby recalls the movie theater experience on our venture to Hawaii...and since I'm sure he's forgotten, I have not. I will be scarred for life from this experience. As we were watching "Pearl Harbor" at Pearl Harbor, coincidentally, I leaned forward to perch on my knees at hour 2 of the movie (uhg!) when out of nowhere the guy in front of me turned around and asked me to lean back because my breath stunk. Sha-zam! I swear I had kitten breath! I knew we shouldn't have eaten that pit-grilled pig at the Luau!