Wednesday, January 7, 2009

There is NO such thing as privacy...

So, yesterday Ellie accompanied me at the doctor's office...I've been having some chest pains (if you must know...you are so NOSEY!!). After I met with the doctor, he decided to have me get some lab work done.

First things first, I was told to pee in a cup. I asked the lab technicians if Ellie could wait out by my purse and our coats. They said it would be best if I took her in the bathroom with me. Just for the record, it was a very cozy bathroom with one toilet.

When Ellie and I closed the door to the bathroom, I started writing my name on the infamous, blue cup.

Ellie (in her not quiet voice): Uh, why are you writing on that cup.

Me (trying to be quiet): I need to write my name on it so the nurse knows who it belongs to.

Ellie (as I was getting ready to do my thing): Uh, mom what are you doing with that cup.

Me: The nurse asked me to pee in it so she can test it.

Ellie (laughing): Are you sure, because that's weird?

Me: Yep, pretty sure.

Ellie: You want me to hold it for you?

Me: No, I think I've got it, thanks though...

Ellie: Can I give it to the nurse?

Me: No, just stand there and don't touch ANYTHING!!

Next up, drawing blood...I can't watch (I always faint), and when the nurse started taking my blood Ellie's back was turned to me, when she finally turned around her jaw just about hit the floor, and she quickly turned back around (apparently she isn't a fan of seeing blood either).

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice!! I am laughing so hard!! That is the best, little kids never have a quiet voice when you want them to. I think nurses do that on purpose because they need a laugh too.

Autumn said...

So, this totally reminds me of the one and only time I had to take my two, almost three year old with me to a prenatal appointment. I too had to pee in a cup. I didn't feel comfortable leaving him in the exam room, so I had to take him in with me. Between him trying to open the door and leave midstream and then repeatedly asking me in his ever so loud two year old voice why I was peeing in a cup and if he could have a turn...needless to say...I'm still tramuatized.

Katie L. said...

Ha! What a fun trip for you! Just be sure never to take her to your next "lady" check-up...who knows what questions she might ask then! ;)

Wilkinson Family said...

That is hilarious! I needed a good laugh!

Amanda said...

That is hilarious! :) I'm literally laughing out loud at work here.

Debra said...

Oh my heck, that made me chuckle out loud... which is a somewhat hard thing to do considering I like to keep my laughter inside when I'm by myself.

I'm so excited to hang out on Saturday with you guys!

Danielle said...

That is pretty funny! Hope you get feeling better!

Jacque said...

I need a little Ellie in my life!! She is so funny! I wonder where she gets it from!!:-)

The Randall Family said...

Thanks so much for the support. I had no clue that things would go like they did when I delivered Braeden but it just makes me that much more grateful for what I have. I am feeling better every day and even though I have a long recovery ahead of me I am going to fully recover.

Jenni said...

lol! I love reading conversations you have with Ellie!

Lynnette said...

Oh man!!! I am laughing so hard, I've got tears running down my face!