Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hi Blog...

It's me, Katy. I'm sure you've forgotten about me by now...let's just pretend that we skipped November this year (I'm trying to spare your feelings, here). November was uneventful anyway (I think, I didn't write anything down, so I imagine nothing happened...).

I'm already getting the, "So, when are you due?" comments, and, "Wow, you must be having a BIG baby.", and, "You still have a LONG time!!" I don't dare say that I'm actually due (I mean, I think I know) two weeks later than the February 13th I've been telling everyone. Yes, this kid will be 12 lbs....go big or go home. I plan on having a 20 lber, so I can be in the news. These kind of comments have possibly sent me into my anti-socialization mode.

My mom takes pictures of my lovely, lady lumps for Ben (I'm sure he wants to see them), but I try to erase them before I leave her house. Who needs that kind of incriminating evidence?

I still haven't told my second graders that I'm expecting. When they ask if I'm going to have a baby. I just tell them I had a big lunch...possibly a Kindergartner. Yesterday a boy in my class said, "C'mon we already know you're having a baby." to which I said, "Then quit asking me about it, Mr. Know-it-all!!" Was that too harsh?

Four year olds kind of suck rocks. I loved 1-3, but four...ugh. We've been practicing like crazy for the circus. Is four too young to join? It doesn't help that she repeats everything I say, in the same tone I said it when she's mad at me. I tell you what, if she says, "Listen to me when I'm talking to you!!" one more time, I'm gonna lose it!!

Boy names...they suck too. This kid in me, not only is he a tanker, but he is also a mover and a shaker. He often kicks Ellie. I can't wait until he is old enough to pull her hair. I've also taken up snoring. The baby and I work together to make it impossible for Dan to sleep. I snore, and the baby kicks all night (enough to shake the bed). Broken ribs are possibly in my near future.

Dan told me this year that he refuses to take the day after Thanksgiving off next year. He said he works harder that day than he would if he went to work. Everyone knows Christmas goes up the day after Thanksgiving...and if you don't...we need to have a serious chat.

Again, I apologize blog. I'll post pictures of Halloween and such when I find my camera...it is probably hiding under my bottom somewhere, but I can't really maneuver myself off the couch to see...

10 comments:

The White's said...

You are so funny and I miss you. I love your way with words and you make me smile. I hope your ribs are doing well and that Ellie's mouth gets tired soon. Tell Dan Hi. See you soo I hope!

Celeste and Jared said...

Oh, Katy. You make me laugh! Don't worry any of us who have been there TOTALLY feel for you. I could tell you some pretty funny stories and miserable ones too. I wish we could see you at the Christmas party.

Meagan said...

You make me laugh. I miss your guts, so let's get together soon. Are you & Dan busy next weekend? Like the 11th? Maybe we should go to dinner or something.

I always get those "Are you sure it's not twins?" comments. Sometimes I have to turn away before I cry. Seriously. Just 'cause I'm pregnant doesn't mean I want to look huge, awkward, fat, gross, etc.

Call me!

Janice and Jessica said...

Oh Katy, I feel for you!!! I was 8 when my mom was pregnant with my brother and the last two months she couldn't even drive because she couldn't fit behind the steering wheel. Everyone kept saying he was going to be huge but he was an average weight baby, just a little longer. Today though he is 6'3". I remember laying my head against her stomach to feel him kick. Of course, we all thought he was a girl until he was born. That was way before ultrasounds. My mom and dad didn't even have a name picked out prior to his birth. The poor child didn't even have anything to wear home and my dad took me and I picked out his coming home outfit. I need to do a blog post about this before I run on forever.

Now as far as Miss Ellie, that's just the way girls are. They always think they are "the boss of you" as Jessica used to say. I used to give her "that look" that knew I meant business and she would usually cool it.

Anyways, glad to see you back. I still think you need to post a picture. Hmmm, maybe I can comment your mom and we will circumvent you? Nahhh, I wouldn't do that. Don't worry.

Kim and Preston said...

Oh how I have missed your blog, it is what i look forward too! I think its great that you tell the kids how it is...haha. That is so funny you told him that! I love that Ellie copies you too...i can tell my sister that it isnt just her. Love ya Katy welcome back!

Danielle said...

Katy, I love you! You always make me laugh. If we ever make it out of this place and come visit Utah we need to hang out!

Susan said...

Katy your back, post more I hear that there is good money in popular blogs!

Susan said...

Sorry that would be you're!

Amanda said...

Glad you're back!! :)

Jacque said...

Ha Ha Ha! Any time I need a smile for the day I know where to go! Except you have been slacking.(I have no room to talk) You have a good excuse though. Congrats on the boy!!