Sunday, December 20, 2009

"I really like dancing on stage."

Apparently Ellie is a born performer. She had her Christmas Dance recital Thursday. She loves ballet, and looks forward to it every week. She's bummed that she doesn't get to go to dance until the beginning of the year. Dan and I were so proud of her...she's definitely no nonsense when it comes to dancing. :)

She also LOVED putting on makeup, and having her hair done. She told us that she looked just like Belle on Beauty and the Beast.






Here is a snippet of her first dance.



And here is part of her second dance.


Grandma GiGi brought her flowers (don't mind that her mascara smeared...Santa came, and she thought we were going to leave without seeing him).


She would still prefer to admire Santa from afar. Apparently he is welcome to bring her presents, but he can't come in the house. One of her friends from dance class waited in line with her to sit on his lap. I guess a little reassurance from someone your own age helps with fear...who knew?

5 comments:

carrie said...

She is so cute Katy! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

The Hagen's said...

Thats really cute! I remember you telling me you like to dance on stage too, but its a different kind of stage...

Romy said...

SOS!
Hi Katie, it's Romy (I don't think you remember me, anyway I'm the french girl you met 2 years ago at your dad's bithday party)I hope you're enjoying your christmas holiday! Your brother wrote me about a month ago, but I lost his address and every passing day is legitimating his potential hatred... So please, could you give it to me? In fact I only lost tha first part. It's was something like elderben--@...
By the way, he told me about your pregnancy, so congrats! Well have a nice week, Romy

Danielle said...

What- she is so cute! Glad we had an awesome New Years Party- early:) It was fun to hang out with you guys!

Heidi said...

Hey Katy, it's Heidi. I found your blog on Marie's. It was such a fun night! Ellie was absolutely a joy to be around. They did do really well, didn't they? I'm a little behind and I just barely posted about the recital, go take a look, you'll like it! Oh, and I do have a picture of Grace, like the one I put on my blog of Ellie if you'd like me to email it to you, I will. I loved Ellie and she was so taken by Jaxen it was just too cute!