Monday, May 31, 2010

Remembering...

I can't remember the last time I went to the Veteran's program at the cemetery. Usually we go afterward to find Grandpa's flag, and look at the beautiful flowers grandma has arranged for his headstone. The program was very nice, and an amazing young boy sang the national anthem and another song (didn't catch the name, Rhys joined in wailing)...wowsers!

When Ellie isn't being a rotten four year old...she can actually be really tender. She was really sad last year when she realize there were babies that had been buried at the cemetery. She was even more sad when she noticed they didn't have flowers. My mom and dad bought about twenty flowers for Ellie and Lucy to distribute to babies in the cemetery. I thought it was really sweet.

Cute Lily always tries to get to Rhys. Apparently she wants to chomp down on those chubby thighs too. He was definitely loving on her though. :)


Then it was time for the great baby switch. I love Rhys' furrowed eyebrows.

Next are some photos from Ellie, photographer extraordinaire. I love photos from her view point. She then started taking pictures of headstones (camera strap and flip flop included). If you see anything "supernatural" in the picture, don't tell me. I might have to avoid the cemetery indefinitely.



Dan would like a disclaimer on this picture...he doesn't have a gut (unless you're looking from Ellie's point of view).

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

I love that she decorates lonely baby graves. I feel like doing the same thing! I feel especially sad for the groups of obviously related ones where there are several within a short few years.