Sunday, May 30, 2010

What the Fluff?

I wasn't really familiar with cloth diapering until I had a friend cloth diaper her daughter about two years ago. It definitely peaked my interest. Once I found out I was pregnant with Rhys, I started researching it a little more. I decided I was going to cloth diaper, and any extra money I had went to buying diapers. Not only do I think cloth diapers are better, I also think they are cuter. :)

I have a variety of cloth diapers in my stash right now as I am still trying to determine what kind works best for our family. Dan prefers velcro, and I prefer snaps. Right now the stash is half and half, but with the free Bumgenius coupons floating around, I may end up with more velcro.

First up is a pocket diaper. This particular diaper is a Fuzzi Bunz. It has an insert that you place between the waterproof fabric, and the fabric that sits up against the baby's bottom. Fuzzi Bunz come in One Size with adjustable snaps (fitting newborn to toddler age) or Perfect Fit (comes in extra small, small, medium and large). Rhys is modeling the Perfect fit size small.


Next is the Bumgenius All-in-One. This diaper doesn't need any inserts, and has velcro closure. This is definitely one of the easiest to adjust from disposable, and you get a free Bumgenius with ever $10 spent on Bumgenius, Flip or Econobum purchases right now...a serious steal!!


Next is a one size Flips (a hybrid diaper). The cover is re-usable, and you really don't need to wash it unless you get poop on it. This diaper comes with inserts that you place inside the diaper, and then you just toss the insert in the wash, and replace with a new one. I currently love these diapers the most at the moment. They are super absorbant, and I've never had a leak with them yet. I actually haven't tried them yet, but this particular diaper comes with disposable inserts...I'm thinking this might be the route I take once I start work again in the fall.


Current Stash:
4 Bumgenius AIO (with four more on the way)
3 Fuzzi Bunz OS
3 Fuzzi Bunz Perfect Fit
1 Flip System (with two more covers and six more inserts on the way)
1 Thirsties AIO
2 Cutiepoops (OS pocket diapers)
2 Dreameze AIO on the way
1 BRSB AIO

I have about 1 1/2 days worth of diapers without the diapers on the way. Hopefully when I get the eight more diapers plus inserts, I'll have about 2 1/2 days worth of diapers.


Baby Boom Boom likes his cloth diapers, but isn't a fan of pictures...go figure. :)

And just one more for cuteness sake.

No comments: