Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mmmmm...Dirt.

As we were driving home from dinner, we saw some baby cows. I reminded Ellie that Great Grandpa had some new calves at the farm. Being cheeky, I also told her we should go visit them before we eat them.

Ellie: Does grandpa kill cows at the barn?

Me: Grandpa doesn't kill the cows at the farm, he takes them to a place that does it.

Dan: They slaughter the cows.

Ellie: What does slaughter mean?

Dan: That is what it is called when they kill cows before we eat them.

Ellie (wailing): I don't want to eat animals!!

Dan: Ellie, Heavenly Father gaves us animals to eat.

Ellie: I think I'll just eat dirt.

Me: Dirt?

Dan: Animals aren't bad for you Ellie.

Ellie: I know, dirt isn't either.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I prefer to think that my meat comes gingerly wrapped in plastic and styrofoam. I love denial it works for me!

TiffanyHarrison said...

I haven't been checking blogs lately and I have missed yours! Your daughter is hilarious and I think you need to have about 10 more because I bet they would all be that funny! Congrats ong graduation, and the job...very exciting! Where are you going to be working next year? I was also wondering where you got your blog book made. Anyways, good to be back:^)

Vikki said...

Whaddya tell her that for, for cryin out loud! Everyone knows that beef comes from the grocery store! (show her the big stupid cows, not the cute baby ones when you're talkin food..)

Marla said...

She is so dang funny! How do you contain yourself?