Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Now that you've graduated what are you going to do?

Nobody asked me, so I thought I'd tell you anyway...

I'm going to Disneyland (well I did)!!

For the happiest place on Earth, there sure were a bunch of temper tantrums. I expected a couple from Ellie, and was surprised by Dan (apparently lack of sleep and no dramamine can make a motion sick person cranky)!! In fact, Ellie may have thrown less...just sayin'.

It was a nine hour drive for us. I bought a ton of activities for Ellie to do while in the car, but in the end, I'm glad we had a DVD player and silly putty.

Ellie made this hat:

First full day at Disney, can you see the excitement?

Ellie rode most of the rides like this (hiding behind one or both of us), she finally got over it once we rode on "It's a Small World".

One of Ellie's favorite rides:



Ellie at Playhouse Disney (she's cleaning up the confetti...OCD):

Dan and Ellie on one of the rides:


Another of Ellie's favorite rides (Monsters, Inc.):


Isn't this a scary thought?


Have you tried watching your 3D movies from this angle? You should totally try it.

Lovely trick:

3 comments:

Katie L. said...

How is that eye trick possible??? It makes me get a headache just looking at it! It looks like a ton of fun! I took Mat there for the first time a few years ago and it was so busy they had to close the park...it was awful and I don't think I can ever get him back there! I really think the best part of going to places like that is seeing what people wear and wondering how they could have looked in the mirror and left the house like that! Crazy! :)

Katy said...

We just learned how great the off season is...we usually go during the peak times (summer, Christmas break), but May (during the week days) was perfect, we only had a ten minute wait at the most. Friday and Saturday were too busy, so we just got fast passes for the rides we wanted to go on and called it good.

Next time (if you can convince Mat to go) let's go together, and then the men folk can complain to each other!! ;)

Lisa said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!! You guys went about the same time we went last year and I loved it.. I want to go again. Congrats on graduating again that is awesome.