Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Prayers from a 2 year old...

Ellie was saying her prayers tonight, and she kept saying, "please bless awesome..." It took me a minute to figure out, but she was saying, "please bless Austin..." Funny that her slip on words is SO true!!

Today has been more of an uplifting day...I found someone who is going to make 500 helmet decals that say....In Loving Memory of Austin Moos, and the best news is that they will be done before the viewing!! Five hundred sounds like a lot, but I thought it would be better to have too many than not enough. Besides, the Snell family is HUGE, and they'll probably take at least 150! Then he has all those he served in the army with, right?

Lisa also asked Dan to speak at Austin's funeral, so Dan and I have been going over some of our fondest memories of Austin in the last five years. Dan said that he always felt like when Austin called, he needed to hang out with him...and he felt SO guilty when he didn't, now he says he knows why he felt like that!! Crazy to think about...

2 comments:

Lyns said...

Hey--just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you guys today! Love you!!! (even you too Dan!!)

Ondriawfd said...

Her prayer is so sweet. Dan did a great job at the funeral. You guys are really blessed to have been able to hang out with Austin as much as you did. I used to love playing with him when we were little because he would always protect me. We're going to miss him. Cute blog! I'm so excited to have more family to blog with.