Saturday, January 12, 2008

ShopKo

I went to pick up some prescriptions from ShopKo on Thursday, My sister-in-law was there, and she gave Ellie a medicine dropper. As we were leaving, Ellie was in her carseat, and she kept on saying, "That says ShopKo." I would reply with the typical...you're right it does, but when I turned around, she was pointing to the dropper. The dropper had ShopKo printed on the side...I couldn't BELIEVE it!! I am currently learning about word recognition in my literacy class, and I was surprised that Ellie was already doing that.

I knew that she recognized buildings (she can spot Sizzler from a mile away!!), but I didn't know she could recognize the word on a building on something else. I should also say that it wasn't a fluke. We went out to eat yesterday at Applebees, and she found Applebees on the sugar packet.
She's smart!! She REALLY is!!

No comments: