Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nie Nie Dialogues

When I have spare time one of my favorite things to do is blog hop. Even if I haven't listed the blogs that I enjoy...I bookmark them. I recently found Nie Nie Dialogues through the Jolly Porter (a seriously funny blog). Christopher, the writer for The Jolly Porter, had posted on his blog that his sister and his brother-in-law had been in an airplane crash, his sister's blog is the Nie Nie Dialogues.

I decided that I was going to read the Nie Nie Dialogues from the very beginning. I did. No blog (or person for that matter) has ever made me want to be a better mother, wife or person. The beauty that Stephanie radiates through her posts is so encouraging. There really are good people in this world, and this good person needs our help. Stephanie and Christian were severely burned, and their care will be well in the millions. They have four beautiful children (you'll find out when you read her blog, you know you want to!!) that need to be cared for also. One of the most comforting things is to see how their families have rallied around them, what a great family.

For updates on Stephanie and Christian, go here. For a website that was set up for the family (that will give information about donations), go here. Silent auctions will be held on more than 90 sites tomorrow. To participate, bid or find out more about these auctions, go here. To donate, click on the Donate to Nie button on the top, right side of my blog.

3 comments:

DaNae said...

Ha! I read The Jolly Porter, too! His blog is hilar! Thanks for posting this. I want to go read her blog now from start to finish.

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

Thanks for posting this! Stephanie is a friend of McLane's from high school and we've been following the Nielsen's progress daily. I love reading the Nie Nie diologues. Stephanie is an amazing writer, mother, wife, and friend!

julie! said...

My sis and I have been following their progress via Design mom and c Jane blogs. What an amazing family! I bawled as I read Design mom today. What an incredible response...I just love reading Stephanie's blog. So inspiring.
Design mom posted the hospital address on her site in case anyone wants to send cards.