Thursday, August 7, 2008

Panguitch Vacation

The one thing this summer has lacked was a vacation. When Nate and Jen asked us to go to Panguitch to stay at Jen's parent's cabin (actually their large house), Dan and I jumped at the chance.

We left after Dan and Nate got off work. Jen was already in Panguitch with their kids. We ended up getting there around 11 pm. We packed Ellie in the house, and just called it a night.
When we got up, we did some 4-wheeling, and Jen caught a horse for us to ride. I'm allergic, so Ellie chose Dan to take her (who are we kidding, I really wasn't a choice, she prefers to do EVERYTHING with Dan!!). Ellie LOVED riding the horse, she told Dan she even liked it more than riding the 4-wheeler. It was such a beautiful day on Saturday...we really lucked out!!

Oh, and I'm totally embarrassed to admit, I had no idea Dan knew how to ride a horse!! He learned how to ride one back when he worked on a farm in Idaho...he said it is just like riding a bike!
Ellie was more than happy to pose (and yes, even smile) on the horse by herself!!


Here is Ellie trying to convince Dan that it is her turn to ride the horse again...


Can you guess what Dan told her just by looking at the picture?

Chase and Ellie play really well together. Ellie does occasionally try to be affectionate which totally grosses Chase out!! Dan loves this picture, he says Ellie looks hardcore!! :P
Jen's parents had everything up there; a trampoline, a playground, 4-wheelers, horses. It was so much fun!!

Hey wait, I've seen that face before...
By the time Ellie got to ride the horse again, she was ready for a nap...you can still see that cute, grumpy face!!
Jen is such a good sport, she caught the horse for us to ride only to catch brutal allergies. A little later we went on a long 4-wheeling ride which only solidified my beliefs that I am just not cut out for the great outdoors!! :P
Ellie pitched a fit when we left Sunday morning. She kept telling me over and over that it (the cabin) was her house....maybe one day...

9 comments:

Ash said...

The horse riding pictures are so cute! I was lucky to get Brooklyn to pet a horse, let alone ride one. That's awesome! I'm glad you got a mini-vacay before you have to get back to the grind of school! Bummer!

Danielle said...

For real, can Ellie be any cuter! Looks like you guys had an awesome get away. Hey we are coming down on Sat. and Sun for my bro. farewell. We should hook up. We will be down again around the 20th for a couple of days. When do you start school again? HOpe to see you soon!!!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

So that's where you were Sat...LUCKY girl Ellie is!

One day I would love to take my kids horse back riding!

Glad you had fun...I'll call ya later! :P

Jen's Photography said...

How fun! i cant believe how much ellie has grown up. did you ever call robyn scoubes to see if she had any openings? Did andy ever give you her number?

Susan said...

She needs a helmet on that horse!

Meagan said...

She sure knows how to put on the perfect pout. She's so cute.

Lori said...

HOw fun! I would love that vacation!

Her hoarding pictures is so funny.

Your cousin pictures are so cute too. None of them look alike. But all so cute.

Lisa said...

It looks like you guys had ton's of fun. Sorry I ditched out on you guys.

carrie said...

So fun! Sorry I didn't even think to check back on that last post where I asked when you wanted elle's pictures, I just thought to today. That should be perfect. My sister is out of town until tomorrow, so I will talk to her then and let you know what works for her. Probably mon, tues, or wednesday, I'm exccited! We need to go do something fun.