Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ABRACADABRA!!

I didn't make anything special tonight, just an easy fall back on meal (chicken, pan fried potatoes, and spinach). I always add butter to my spinach, and dump a little vinegar on top...delish.

Anyway, I told Ellie to try the spinach, because it was yummy. As usual, Ellie offered the prayer, it went like this.

Ellie: Our dear Heavenly Father, please bless the food, and please bless that this stuff (pointing to the spinach) really is good.

While eating dinner, Ellie showed us a magic trick. She would take little bites of her potatoes. She proudly exlaimed, "Look mom, I can make my potatoes disappear!!"

I responded with the usual motherly response, "Now work on making your spinach disappear..."

Ellie: ABRACADABRA!!

Me: Not like that, use your mouth.

Ellie (leaning really close to the spinach): ABRACADABRA!! Mom, it didn't work.

4 comments:

Jenny/Moravia said...

That is hilarious! What a way to start my morning. Thanks

camille said...

ROFLMBO!

Love it!

Melodie Anne said...

You must just laugh all day long. According to your blog there must be time to do very little else.

Amanda said...

She is just too funny :) I love reading about all the stuff she says.