Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sleepover

It all started Friday morning when Ellie begged and pleaded not to go to daycare. I hate that. She has a good time once she is there, but she is such a home body. So for leverage, I told her we would have a sleepover downstairs, watch movies and eat pizza if she hurried and got ready. So she did it...she still wasn't happy about it, but she did it.

When I picked her up, we quickly went to get Grandma's birthday present, and then went to her house for some cake and ice cream. Finally we made it home. We moved the coffee table, put down blankets and brought down our pillows all while Dan was picking up movies, pizza and treats.

I got a request from Ellie to draw a picture of her, and then Dan on a Magna Doodle-ish thing. She was pretty impressed with my skills. She then asked me to draw a picture of myself how I looked right then. I did, but I didn't draw one very important feature. I asked her what was missing...she replied, "zits?". No, actually Ellie, it was my glasses. Someone remind me that I owe her big time once puberty hits...


We watched a little Veggie Tales, not the whole thing, because apparently parents let their kids put the DVDs in by themselves. I guess not everyone's dad is anal (we love him). We then played "Truth or Dare" followed by a pillow fight.

Oh the joy of sleepovers, we'll definitely have another one...in a year or so!! ;)

3 comments:

Katie L. said...

I love the picture! Ben will look at my face and tell me "mom, there is a cream called proactive that I saw on tv that will get rid of those." OK, thanks! You guys are so fun to do that!

Hill said...

I have to tell you that your blog is one of my favorites to read because Ellie is hilarious. Seriously, she just kills me.

Lyns said...

I want to know if Teeny Tiny Baby came to the sleepover.