Saturday, September 13, 2008

TRAX, Discovery Museum and a Bubble Bath

Well, once I convinced Ellie that she had already seen the Handy Manny she was watching we soon left on our ALL day adventure (after stopping by Carrie's to pick up Ellie's three year photos...be excited, they're cute!!).

Dan has finally joined the dark side, he is now one with me as far as restaurants go, he is now anti-buffets (I'm still working on politics, but he is an easy to convince "fence sitter"...). We stopped off at Paradise Bakery (our new favorite place)...yummy! Then we caught TRAX to the Children's Discovery Museum.

TRAX was definitely an experience. We sat in the same bus for 39 minutes warning others getting on that their was vomit under the seats. There were a couple of people we missed only to see them putting their feet in the vomit, and then on the chairs (where were my Clorox wipes when I needed them?). I started feeling a little queasy (and thought I might add to the already spread all over the bus vomitness), and we got off at the Temple Square exit, and walked the rest of the way to The Gateway.

The museum was fun, and I liked how they gave children ample opportunities to play, and mimic grown ups. Vygotsky (DR. Byrd, I remembered...are you proud?) would be proud. However, we felt it was a tad bit over priced (and it could have been because we were exhausted when we got there...I guess walking a mile does that to you)...

Ellie loved playing with the balls and the helicopter the most...
Dan looks like a babe in this photo (but I refuse to tell him that because then he'll think he should be flying helicopters...not gonna happen)!!


She was so diligent in gathering her balls...look at that bin!!
Here she is channeling her inner teller...you can't have her Zions Bank!! You may have gotten my mom, and me, but you can't have Ellie! She's going to be a "blue doctor that delivers babies"!!
You would not believe the scrub down this girl got today. She's lucky she still has skin!!
Here she is pretending to be Santa (though she does not like Santa even though he brings her toys).
Here she is channeling Grandma GiGi.
You have one week and two days to go here. Just in case it doesn't give you the promotion code (it has been doing that to some people), it is NASC262101. I've also heard that minorities can always register for free...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We discovered Paradise Cafe back in the Spring and absolutely love it! They have really yummy breakfast too!