Thursday, September 4, 2008

TV Strike

Tuesday morning I was doing some cleaning (I organized a cleaning chart for myself...pretty impressive). She asked if she could eat her cereal while she was watching TV. I don't really like having her eat in the living room, but I decided it wasn't that big of a deal.

A couple minutes later I heard Ellie yell something, I thought she said she was done eating...wrong. When I repeated what I thought she said, she yelled back, "I peed!!" I went downstairs, and sure enough she had peed on the floor. I know she is only three, but she has been potty trained since about a month before she turned two...ugh.

I was livid. After I got her in the bath, and dressed. I asked her why she didn't just go to the potty like she usually does. She replied, "My show was on...."

Needless to say the TV has been turned off for the rest of the week!!

7 comments:

Jen and Nate said...

O - I've so been there

Jessica said...

I'm glad I'm not all alone on this one. You kinda just want to rub their nose in it huh.

Ash said...

I'm so glad that we're not the only ones! Brookie has been waiting until the last possible second to run to the bathroom and it's resulted in many a panty change. Not a full on accident, but still wet undies. So frustrating! Thanks for making me feel better about my child and her laziness--knowing she's not alone.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Bwaahhhhh HAaaahhh!
That is too funny...Oh, Ellie you lil' stinker...you are too young to be using THAT as an excuse!

Good for you Katy...so how is NO t.v. for the week going? :P

Katy said...

No TV has been the worst punishment for me, EVER!!

Oh, and Jessica I am rolling!! Yes, I would have liked to rub her nose in it!!

Danielle said...

Ha ha that is so awesome! Oh Katy you have your hands full. Hey we will see you on saturday at 5. We are bringing Hailey

Anonymous said...

Lol! Sometimes the punishments for our children are harder on us. Good for you for sticking to you guns!