Saturday, October 11, 2008

Anniversary Love Letter

Dear Dan,

Today is our Fifth Anniversary. Did you really think we would make it this long? I bet you had your doubts especially when I pushed over your golf clubs a couple of weeks ago when we were in a fight. Yeah, you were pretty ticked, but after a couple of days passed you were able to laugh about it (phew!!). You have since vowed that you will stop by the grocery store on your way home when I ask you to, and I promise I won't touch your clubs if you do.

Our first date was funny (we had only known each other, what, three days?). I thought it was a pretty funny joke to pretend we were dating since my Uncle Brad was your boss and all, but don't think I didn't notice you holding my hand when we weren't "pretending".

Remember the time when we went to California with our buddies, and you dressed up in women's clothing that was funny, and you looked HOT. If you ever decided to be a woman, I'd be jealous. Some colors just look better on you (pink is one that comes to mind).

You know how Ellie always teases me and says that you are her boyfriend? I like that you tell her you are her boyfriend, but you're my husband. Thanks.

I liked when I worked at the bank and you would stop by to visit. You always brought me a treat, and put it through the drawer in the drive thru. That was back when we were in Logan, and had this RAD scooter. We would go grocery shopping with the scooter, and we had to get real creative with where we put the bags. You loved that scooter.


Even though I don't like it when you scare me (I know it doesn't take much). I like to see you scare other people. My favorite was when you scared that lady I worked with as she was getting soda out of the downstair's storage unit at work, I still laugh when I think about it, she screamed all dramatic and flailed her arms in the air. Classic.

I like to watch you play with Ellie, actually it melts my heart. Who knew you'd be such an awesome Dad? You know that it is your fault she wants to be a daddy when she grows up, right? Especially since she thinks daddies can breastfeed babies (thanks for teaching her how, that was a very valuable lesson).

But honestly the day that I remember the most is the day we were married. I was SO nervous, and I cried...A LOT. The most comforting thing was when the sealer at the Mt. Timpanogas temple told us that we were both worthy to be there. I was so worried about that, especially since I will be the first to admit that I am far from perfect. The rest of our ceremony really is a blur, but I know we received some awesome council and blessings. I also really enjoyed that we only had a luncheon. Ha Ha to those that didn't, we were done chatting with people at 3 pm, and were off to do "married stuff" shortly after.

I can honestly say that I love you more now than I did that day (who knew that was possible?). Thanks for putting up with me, and you're welcome (for me putting up with you).

I love you WAY lots!!

Your Wifee

12 comments:

carrie said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Katy, I still haven't finished my sling, I am the worst! I did help my sister make a clown costume for Holden and we finished it and It is really cute so maybe, just maybe their is still hope for me. Now if I can just learn how to sew on a curve, who knew someone could be that tarded! I hope you are doing good. Congrats on five years, we are right behind you, I hope we make it! Just kidding! That is such a cute wedding picture of you and Dan, you are a cute couple. Ta Ta!

Ash said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the scooter/bank story! You guys are so fun. Congrats!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

ahhh so sweet, glad that you made it to the BIG 5!! You guys are cute and glad that you still fight so you can make up. What in the heck about the scooter...you dont have that anymore? Why would you get rid of such a beauty and if you sold it....you new I loved that thing!!! ohhh well, glad that you mentioned good ol logan days, it made me happy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Katy!

Mindy said...

Happy Anniversary! I LOVE your wedding picture! So cute! I love the bank story as well! I met my husband at the bank I worked at, and he proposed to me there.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember that day like it was yesterday! Your sealing was Beeeeautiful, and you looked so beautiful too! You make me laugh about the lunchon thingee ...I'm sure you two WERE in a hurry to get outta there and do your "stuff"...but It was a day to remember and just think how fast it really flew by! I am still freakin' out that I've been married for 8!
You two are such a cute couple, and parents! Happy Happy Anniversary Dan and Katy!
Mwah,
Marie :D

Meagan said...

Wahoo! You made it to 5 years. Isn't is time you decide to start a family (ha ha... remember when you thought kids were at least 5 years away?).

I SO remember Dan dressed up like a woman in California. And, I love that you pushed over his golf clubs. And, I love that Dan can breastfeed babies.

Congrats to both of you! We love your guts!

The Gulls said...

Happy anniversay guys! Loved your story.

Unknown said...

That was a nice story. and very cute picture at the end. You two look so happy in it.

Anonymous said...

Wow...5 years! That is so crazy. Congratulations. We missed you for the lunch the other day. Hopefully we can get together soon. That is such a cute letter. I loved it and feel I know both of you better. I hope you have a fabulous day! Love ya.

Marci said...

Congrats on five years! Question: who was the coworker that Dan scared half to death at the bank? Those were the days huh?

Katy said...

Marci: None other than Kerrilee!! :D

By the way, I've missed you!!