Monday, October 6, 2008

There Were 3 in the Bed and the Little One Said...



Ellie does fairly well going to sleep in her own bed, but by the time I wake up to go running her little body is wedged in between us. The sad thing is that neither Dan nor I can remember actually going to get her. She just magically appears in our bed every morning.

Last night, Ellie awakened around 11 pm, she was scared (from Halloween season until Christmas, she is a HUGE scaredy cat!!) and wanted to come sleep in our bed. Dan was still up watching a movie, and I was reading. She came in bed, and while I was reading about ESL methods, she was reading our family book followed by my PE book.

Finally when Dan came to bed, Ellie let out a huge sigh, and said, "I love my family".

We all stayed up a little longer chatting.

Ellie: Dad, you have A LOT of friends.

Dan: Really? Who?

Ellie: Tyler, and that black guy at the door...

Who was the black guy at the door you ask? A magazine salesman that Dan let in to use the bathroom. Nevermind that I had huge heaps of laundry on the floor waiting to be washed...

Me: Do I have a lot of friends?

Ellie: I don't know, you tell me...

Even though I am not a huge fan of having Ellie in our bed, I was reminiscing about my cute, snuggly, little girl. About two years ago I was in an early math class (7 am). Ellie had come to bed with us the night before and when the alarm went off, I opened my eyes and realized that Ellie had spent the whole night sleeping with her arms around my neck. Ellie had the most superb toddler body, meaning that she had a MASSIVE head and short, stubby arms. As I slowly moved away from her, I realized that my cheek all the way down to my neck was soaked. To this day, I still haven't figured out if it was from sweat or Ellie's drool!! I love that girl!!


Ellie Christmas 2006

10 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

she is getting big, fun memories!

Danielle said...

Awww, such a cute girl!!! Why do they have to grow! You know she will be 14, on her period, and have a bad hair day way to soon. Ha ha, that is what Bub told me the other day about Hailey.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. The pumpkin spice kisses they have at target in Orem. Enjoy!

Katy said...

anonymous...I just sent Dan today and he came home empty handed!! Maybe it is just Dan...

Lynnette said...

What a sweet little girl!!!

Debra said...

You can tell Ellie that I'm your friend, so at least you have one....

oh and you're right, it could have been drool, or sweat but have you for sure canceled out a leaky diaper? Oh gross. :)

Ellie is the best!

Anonymous said...

Katy, they are in the Halloween candy in the front of the store next to the make-up. You have to search good but I promise I just saw them a week ago. They were on the isle with the Halloween DVD's and Jones Halloween flavored soda. Maybe I'll snag you a few bags next time I'm there. I am someone you hubby knows from the past, I date his cousin......a little hesitant to show myself here! LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Sheesh I cannot type today. What I meant was: I am someone Dan knows from the past. I dated his cousin for a short while. I blog lurk you guys sometimes. I think your writings are funny!

Katy said...

I think I know the cousin. ;)

Just so you know, Dan and I love exes, especially our own, so we would probably love cousin exes the MOST (especially if they aid in the finding of my seasonal treat)!! :)

I'll check Target out again tomorrow after school.

Katy said...

Debra, she should have been able to guess my friends over Dan's. Maybe Dan's make more of an impression on her, I don't know. She does have a slight crush on Tyler, I guess that could be it, oh and she was rather curious about the magazine salesman...