Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wanna Know a Secret?

Today at gymnastics Ellie had a new coach. She's had three different coaches since we started a month ago (I don't blame them for quitting...I don't like three/four year olds either, sometimes not even my own!!). After they had warmed up, the coach brought them into a huddle on the floor (they were stretching their tummy muscles). To have them hold their stretch for a long time, she asked them all to share a secret.

Ellie was the very last to share, I didn't hear what she said, but I knew what it was after the I heard the discussion.

Coach: Oh, no!! Really?

Kids: You are supposed to go potty on the toilet!!

Coach: Yep, because you guys are big kids.

Ellie: I know, I can't watch TV now.

Ellie had shared that yesterday she peed on the floor in the office. I guess Ellie is like me and relates herself more to a camel than a pregnant lady (that would be Dan). She likes to hold it until it is absolutely impossible to hold it any longer. I wonder how long that will be the secret of choice...

When we got home from gymnastics, I was in the kitchen making her a grilled cheese sandwich. She casually walked in the living room. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "I'm pretending to watch TV".

So, there you have it, pretending to watch TV is still better than doing any thing else.

16 comments:

Jodie Davis said...

That is so funny, I am not looking forward to potty training!

The White's said...

She is VERY funny. I love to read your blog.

Susan said...

Katy camels pee they just don't have to drink water all the time. Where did you get that camels don't pee often? Did you learn that tidbit in school? I guess if they don't drink a lot they don't pee that much either! Dan has a bladder the size of an ant!

camille said...

I swear she is such a HOOT! She and Kolby would be perfect for each other - they both say such adorable interesting and REAL things! hee hee hee hee hee hee hee.

Debra said...

Katy, I'm going to have to side with Susan on this one... she is one of my favorite people after all and she is super smart.

I hope Ellie will let us come over for some virtual TV time, it sounds fun.

p.s. Do you want to know MY secret? .... I'm hoping this comment gives me some major brownie points with your mom.

Katy said...

I guess Ellie was right to question how many friends I have!! Listen here Debra...I'm WAY more fun than my Mom!!

No "No TV" for you!!

Debra said...

touche' Katy!

Katie L. said...

She is a crack up! I would easily laugh all day at her! I wish that my kids would pretend to watch TV...but they just love to watch it so there would be no pretending there!

Susan said...

Yippee I have a friend thanks Debra! You can always be my #1!

Anonymous said...

So ummm, I went to Target today to and I know the pumpkin spice kisses were nowhere to me found! What the? I promise you they had some last week. I'm thinking they were all bought up?! I'm sorry of you were disappointed! I'll try to be a better X-cousin dater from now on. :) By the way, what makes you think you know which cousin? :) I'd love to chat about "him".

Katy said...

Well there is one specific cousin that Dan hung around with, and so my guess is that if you knew Dan it was because of this cousin. :)

Susan said...

Wow Mysterious! Let's get this mystery solved! Who is Dan's mystery cousin, who is his mysterious x-girlfriend! And then find the "Pumpkin Spiced Kisses" which to me just sound nasty but where to find them a MYSTERY! Such excitment tune in tomorrow! Will Katy find out who the secret cousin is, who his mysterious
x-girlfriend is, and will she ever find those elusive "Pumpkin Spiced Kisses"? Let's cross our fingers!

Katy said...

Careful mom, I'll change your avatar picture (well, I guess you figured out how to take it off)...okay, I'll change the voicemail message on your phone...you've probably forgotten how that works by now!! :P

You know I'm a super sleuth!!

Katy said...

Oh, and I give up on the kisses. I tried. Apparently we are not meant to be. I'll stick with the Starbuck's Marcciato Carmel Chocolates...yummy.

Susan said...

Well Katy, so much mystery so little time! Try what ever little pranks you'd like. I've become quite the technology figure outer-er! I'm sure that's a word look it up college girl! We are up so late blog stalking! Aren't we a pitiful duo!

Susan said...

I've got to go watch "Real World Road Rules" and see who loses a challenge and gets booted off the island, I've already missed 36 minutes!
later,
Mom