Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ellie might need a hug Christmas morning...

That little girl of mine wants a baby sister for Christmas. She's even tried to buy the baby things for Christmas!! I've tried to talk her out of wanting one (they poop, cry, etc.), but it seems to make her want one EVEN more!! She even told me that if the baby wakes up and I'm sleeping she'll take the baby downstairs to feed her a bottle. She has even told her gymnastic coach and nursery teachers that I am going to have a baby (can you believe her?).

Poor Ellie.

She's desperate, she even discussed options with Dan. I was flipping through channels, and I happend to stop on the "pregnant man" story on Discovery. Ellie's jaw hit the floor. A couple days later she had this conversation with Dan:

Ellie: Hey Dad, if mommy doesn't want to have a baby you can.

Dan: No, I can't. Guys can't have babies.

Ellie: Uh...yeah they can, I saw it on TV.

And she DID!!

14 comments:

The White's said...

Bring her over and I will give her a HUG. She is great, I love the things kids say.

Meagan said...

Ha! My cousin wanted a baby and then one day she said to her mom, "Heavenly Father said I could have a baby sister." Yeah, 2 weeks later my aunt found out she was pregnant (while on birth control, might I add).

So, don't deny her for too long or her prayers might prevail!! LOL!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Ellie's right she NEEDS a little sibling...HELLO I've been telling you! :D

Tell Ellie she can borrow Siope for a while if she wants, she accually might NOT want a baby after that! Ha!

Luv ya Ellie girl.

Katy said...

Scary story Meagan...I guess I should pray to reverse any prayers she might say?

Hill said...

I saw that on tv too. How the crap are you supposed to explain that to your kid? good luck with that. I have a feeling I may be in that same boat in a year or so, because I'm very content with having one child.

Courtney said...

How funny. She is so adorable. That is hilliarous she has been telling people you are having a baby. What do you think, you still not ready for another one. It's a lot of work, I know. Lately I have been so frustrated! It is worth it though, Huh?

Susan said...

Reminds me of when you told your Preschool teacher Miss Linda I was going to have a baby, yeah like three years later. How I love that little Benny:D Got that from Marie,(:D) thanks marie! I guess waht they say is true. What goes around comes around!

Jenni said...

LoL! She is so cute.

Amanda said...

That is so cute! :) I'm laughing just picturing her saying, a la the teen years, "Uh, yeah, Dad, you can."

Melodie Anne said...

That is sad and hilarious. Probably you're just being selfish (as usual) - think of the children!

Wilkinson Family said...

Hahaha! She is so cute! Tell her she can come visit at our house in april and we will have a new baby girl for her to play with!
Try telling her babies are more fun when you can give them back to their mommies so you can have a break! We will share :)

The Gulls said...

she is so funny! you and dan better fix that little problem soon, GET TO WORK!!

Bre.Sean.Blake said...

Holy cow...that is hilarious! My Mom was just talking about your Elf and how cute the idea is. I might have to copy you in a few years when Blake is old enough to understand. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Miss ya! Bre

Marla said...

Oh my!! That is so funny!!! I can just see Dan's face! LOL