Friday, July 18, 2008

Look What I Can Do!!



Wednesday we met up for another craft session at the Quilting Cottage. Our sewing instructor this time was super talented and hilariously funny Haley. The class started at 7 pm, and we didn't get done until 11:40ish. By that time I was getting a bit loopy, and my tummy hurt so bad...remember I've been recovering from being sick. I did finish my apron, with Haley's help (she turned my apron strings right side out for me...that was hard!! And she also made my pocket and the trim, okay, okay....so she did all the hard stuff!!). You should check out my seams though...they rock!!

Those in attendance were as follows: Wendi, Meagan, Amberly, Syd, me, and one of Haley's friends...I can't remember her name, but she was fun too!!

When I was making a slings for Kristy (she just had darling, twin boys), I went into a quilt shop, and found awesome fabric. Being the smart, educated (not so much in the logic department though) gal that I am, I thought since I was only making one sling I would need exactly half of what the pattern called for...it didn't even occur to me that I needed it for length...ugh!! So, I went back to the quilt shop, I got the actual amount of fabric needed, and that left me with one yard of one fabric and half of 1 5/8 of the other.

Even though there was canvas that was calling my name (next apron adventure it will be mine!!), I decided to use the snafu sling material, and I really liked how it turned out.



Don't mind the scary smile and the shiny forehead....I turn greasy and scary after 11 pm!! Oh, and it looks as though Amberly may have picked the best photo of her!! :P

5 comments:

Ondriawfd said...

Talented! I so appreciate the seams. I can't sew a straight seam to save my life.

Anonymous said...

that's because the other pic was of me with my mouth wide open, coming at the camera! :)

TiffanyHarrison said...

Those are so cute!! If I had a baby or ever cooked I would totally take you up on your offer!!:^) Too Cute!! I am very impressed!!

Unknown said...

Way cute! I wanna learn how to make one. I cook all the time and my apron now is ripping everywhere!

~Sothea

Katy said...

Sothea, we took the class in American Fork (and they had tons of cute fabric)...you should take the class, especially if you like to cook!