Friday, July 11, 2008

Sore Cheeks and a Bum Knee

So why is it that my family NEVER gets sick, but when we do have some type of ailment...it is something really weird? So, Dan and Ellie just got over MRSA (Meth Resistant Staph...hmm, not quite sure what the "A" stands for, I'm going to say anomaly). Last year, Ellie was diagnosed with Rectal Prolapse. You can read more entries here and here.

Well, this time it was my turn...

On Monday, my knee became swollen underneath my knee cap. It wasn't really sore, and I was thinking it was staph, so I started squeezing it. Nothing came out (sorry, icky, I know!!). I kept messing with it, and by Tuesday it hurt to walk. I called and made an appointment on Wednesday, because me knee was so tender that it hurt when my jeans rubbed against it.

When I got to the doctor's I explained that I thought it was staph, so I didn't shave my legs because I didn't want it to spread (I hate shaving anyway, I just needed an excuse). He couldn't diagnose it as staph because it was so tight that he wouldn't be able to get any infection out of it. He gave me a strong antibiotic, and the nurse gave me a shot to the bum cheek. My whole right side was sore. Then when he came in to give me the diagnosis, my ego became sore. He said I had cellulitis....Insulting right? Um, I'm pretty sure the ONLY place I don't have cellulite on my body would be my knees!! SERIOUSLY, back off at least let me have my KNEES!! So, I left the doctor's with a sore knee, bum, ego, a prescription, and an appointment for the next day.

I went to my appointment yesterday to my regular doctor. I still hadn't shaved my legs, and when I told my doctor about it...he felt them!! I laughed so hard. He decided to treat me for staph. Oh, and I got another shot to the bum...only the other cheek!!

So, here I am with sore cheeks, and a bum knee...

I totally forgot the most important part about the second doctor visit!! Ellie came with me...she was a little apprehensive (and I don't blame her, especially after the three visits we made last month). When the nurse brought in the needle, and I had to bare my bum, I looked over at Ellie, and she had her mouth open and was covering it with her hands (you know the surprised look). As soon as the nurse stuck the needle in, Ellie got off of her chair, and stood next to me and held my hand. A little tear came to my eye, but I'm not sure if it was from Ellie being so sweet (which at times can definitely be rare) or the needle...

16 comments:

carrie said...

I am so sorry katy! you are too funny! So yeah, something is totally up with my blog, I don't know how to fix it the screen sometimes goes black, I'm scared I will loose everything! I Loved Ellie reading Where the Wild Things Are (it's one of my favorite books!) She is so smart and cute. I am really impressed with her skills, you are a great mom! Anyway, sorry I haven't let you know on the pictures yet, I completely spaced it! of course we still want to take them, and no, you are not paying for them period! Out of the question sister!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

So are you falling apart or what?
Dang you're only 26 not 56 girl!
Just playin' ...hope your bum feels better, and your fat knee :P

Call me about next weekend.

TiffanyHarrison said...

You make me laugh every time I read your entries...you are so funny!! And by the way...I figured out I wrote the wrong disease on my post!! What is wrong with me? Good heck!! Anyways, I'm glad you got a agood chuckle out of one my stupid moments!! I can't promise that will be the last one either!!:^)

Meagan said...

You are SO funny. I think you are being given these experiences so that you can entertain all of us when you blog about them. I think God knows I need some entertainment now that I am a SAHM. So, thank you... for making me laugh every day.

However, I am sorry that my uplifted spirits come at your expense. I hope your cellulitis is better. Can you get me a prescription for mine? Ha ha ha.

Ash said...

Sorry about your bum knee, that's cold! Cute story about Ellie, I can just see her face when they whipped out the needle and all of that. You poor thing, I hope it clears up soon!

Katie L. said...

How sad! :( Having a hurt bum and a hurt knee would suck! It probably hurts to sit and to kneel! I hope nothing else happens to your poor family! :(

Danielle said...

What is going on in Spanish Fork? I think you guys have had your share of "yucky times." Get feeling better! Looks like Ellie had a great time on her B-day, oh and your cake looks awesome. Good job! Hope the cheeks feel better!

The Gulls said...

Im trying really hard not to laugh but the way you tell stuff is so funny and cute. ellie is so sweet.. Man you guys have had a rough time. so sorry!

Jenni said...

Aww Ellie is such a sweetheart! She truly has a heart of gold!

Sorry your family has to deal w/ all sorts of medical issues. I know how it is except w/ myself.

clayton said...

OMG! I didn't know you could get that there. I'm sorry. Is there anything that can be done? You're to young aren't you?

Scott Olson said...

Honey, I'm sure other's have said this but you know that cellulitis has nothing to do with cellulite right....lololololool

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! I just pictured you with your little bum hanging out, and i felt your pain! I'm so sorry!

so...i called the apron lady and she never called me back. what day is the class? i will have to call her again. i want to come and hope there's room for me. :(

Team Hancock said...

Katy,

so funny--i had know idea that that was possible.

So I know I missed the sling class so now I am a tag-along with the apron class, but I'm in if there's room. do you have me email? if you could send me the info. that would be rad.

Jessica said...

Is this what happens when your old? I just turned 26 too I hope this is not what I have in store. I hope you get feeling better!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

you crack me up....will ALL of your posts. hope you are feelin better.

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

I am so sorry Katy!! I hope you are feeling better! You are totally awesome for making us those two baby slings on such short notice! We love them! It's crazy how heavy two babies can be! I will put one in the sling and then do the football hold with the other and walk around the house. I sure don't get much done carrying two, but I at least get out of the babies' room. But I do get a TON done when I just carry one around! :)