Wednesday, July 23, 2008

RO-DAY-O

My grandma got us tickets for the rodeo Tuesday night. It was kind of a hectic day, Dan had a softball game, Lucas was at soccer camp, and my Uncle and Aunt were just flying in from Arizona. I put Ellie down for a late nap thinking that it would put her in a better mood....WRONG!! I didn't realize that three year olds were this moody. I was thinking I was lucky skipping the "terrible twos". She repeatedly said she wanted to go home because she was "sick of the radio".

My mom brought some Tootsie Rolls, after Ellie ate one, Dan and I decided she was truly fit to be at the rodeo!!

And there is my pretty face...yep, I do regret making that face, it is now frozen.
Dan got all dressed up for the night, but I failed to get a picture of him!! He had his cowboy hat and pointy-toed shoes, and he talked like a cowboy the WHOLE night!!

Thanks Grandma, we had a good time!!

12 comments:

Ondriawfd said...

I don't think I've ever been to a real rodeo. I've always wanted to, I've just never had the opportunity. How fun! And cute faces too. ;)

Charee B Mcclellan said...

hey will you have dan dress up again and take of picture of him? please....we would love a great laugh. j/k looks/sounds like fun!

Danielle said...

Fun! I love your haircut it's way cute! Oh, I think 3 years old is way worse than the terrible two's. Good luck!

Jay and Ang said...

Thanks for the school tip! I am in the outdoor rec program at UVSC not elementary ed. However I did look at BYU and they offer a few Elementary Ed classes I could take out here-to keep me busy and obviously count towards another degree. And it it SO MUCH CHEAPER! I couldn't believe the difference.

Do you know if I would have to test into BYU or take religious classes or is that if I just plan on attending BYU as my primary school?

Wilkinson Family said...

FUN!!! I miss Fiesta Days, we went to the St. George Parade and their festivities and let me tell you, we were done in 30 minutes and that includes the parade!!!

Jenni said...

I love reading about your family! The rodeo sounds fun! I've gone once before but i'd like to go again.

Debra said...

Ha ha, LOVE the face and I am super glad that it is frozen for everyone to see.

Next year I am totally goin' to the rodeo it sounds like so much fun, Dan will have to teach me the fine art of cowboy talk though...

Katie L. said...

We went Wednesday night and Sam was so bad we had to leave early! It was his first time but Ben has been for a while and loves it! Even though they can been real stinkers sometimes, my favorite age is 3! By the way, I love the face! ;)

TiffanyHarrison said...

I wish I would have seen you and your cute family!! It was lots of fun!!:^)

TiffanyHarrison said...

Hey Katy-
Are you going to the melting pot tonight with Amberly, Syd etc. I would love to go, but don't want to drive up by myself...so if you are planning on going, or know anyone that is, please let me know!! Thanks :^)

Marla said...

Oh that looks like fun!

Kristyn said...

I waaaaaay underestimated the rodeo when we went. It was actually tons more fun than I thought it would be. Who knew! And along with the tootsie roll teeth, your daughter needs a tight plaid shirt to be complete.

And sorry about your face sticking that way.