Monday, July 7, 2008

Partying Like its Ellie's Birthday...

Ellie's birthday was a pretty long day, it consisted of the pool, opening presents, cake and ice cream, and fireworks (Dan and I decided on her first birthday that we'd do fireworks every year, and it is close enough to the fourth that its possible...).



Dan says that she pulls faces for the camera, because that is what I do, but I beg to differ. The face she is pulling is a face Dan is usually doing!!


Lucy and Leticia came, Lucy was SO funny, she LOVED the pool, and would try to crawl as far into the water as she could. When Leticia would bring her back to the edge, she was kicking her legs trying to get back in the water!! Lucy's first birthday is on the 11th, and I believe her party will be at the same pool!!



Jen brought her three kiddos; Tytan, Chase and Aspen. I was excited to have Jen come, because when it comes to Dan and Ellie usually I'm the third wheel, but I was able to have someone go down the slides with me this year!!



Kaylee and Kyle also came, and they were such big helps with the kids. We couldn't have done it without them!!


Later that night, we opened presents. Nate, Jen, Tytan, Aspen, Lisa, Kaylee, Kyle, Grandma and Grandpa Jessen, Grandma GiGi, Aaron, Leticia, and Lucy were there. Ellie made out like you wouldn't believe...she got a castle, the Rose Petal Cottage, pool toys, a bug habitat (thanks Aaron :P), and a scooter. Now we just need to figure out where to store all the loot!!


Now, I know you're all going to want to special order this cake, but it was a one time deal...OKAY!! I made Ellie a SpongeBob cake...isn't it beautiful!!? :P I thought, how hard is a square...it was hard!! Anyway, this was the best I could do...Ellie loved it though, and that's all that matters...go ahead, make fun of my "mad cake decorating skills"!!

We ended the night with fireworks, and Ellie's good buddy Gracie was able to come watch them with us.
**The night before Ellie's birthday, Ellie and Dan were laying in bed. They were talking about her birthday, and what a fun day it was going to be. They were talking for a while when Ellie told him, "Dan, tomorrow I'm going to be three. I'm going to move out, but don't worry...I'll be back to visit." When did she go from toddler to teenager?**

11 comments:

Lyns said...

LOL! She's too funny! And FTR Lou Lou has the same swimming suit as Lucy.

Ash said...

What a fun day! She's so fun! And for the record, your cake was amazing!! I've never had the stones to try my hand at Spongebob because I know I couldn't even draw him on paper let alone make a cake look like him! You did great!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...you are totally passing me on your mad skills. I thought we were neck and neck, but now you're CAKE decorating?

Also...I double taked in the first pic of you and Ellie. You looked naked! HA!

Katy said...

I was sunbathing topless...doesn't everybody? :P

Charee B Mcclellan said...

I love the cake, I must admit I did laugh...just because I am use to seeing Cheri's professional cakes. I loved the eyes and the cheeks the most..your awesome!

Meagan said...

So, I think you are officially old-- you have a 3 year old! Holy cow... what happened to the last 3 years?

So, you should be proud of that cake, because Tyler just asked if you bought it. Wow... it obviously looks good!

Britt n Mike said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!! by the way Katy I think I will call you when I need Avery's birthday cake made because that spongebob cake is adorable, and I have no skills:)

Susan said...

Why aren't you posting about your sore bum cheeks?

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a busy but fun day. Too bad you weren't at the Payson pool we could have ran into each other.
I think I played softball with Jen this week with our ward. She is so nice and a good player. What a small world.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

DANG girl...scared of you, that's what I call skillz!
Sounds like fun I love going swimming with the kids!
Anywhoo...think you're down for saturday next? Call meh! :P

Jenni said...

Aww its like sooo much fun! Which pool is it? It kinda looks like the new one near my house.