Thursday, February 14, 2008

"HAPPY VALENTIME'S DAY!!

Ellie has been yelling that since I came home from school. She is on a super duper sugar high.

I wanted to take a minute and reflect (I know...deep right?)....

I feel truly fortunate for the valentimes I have in my life. The last couple weeks have really hit me hard, and made me look at my life and those around me. I have realized I need to be more affectionate, loving, and caring. I also need to not let the little, mundane things get to me. I realize that I need to hug those I love tighter and more often, and I need to express how much they mean to me every opportunity I get.

Dan is such a great husband and father. No one can make me smile bigger, laugh harder, cry harder or yell louder than him. He is so forgiving of my short comings (my cleaning abilities, my sometimes dirty mouth, and my stubborness).

Valentine's Day really needs to be a reminder to daily express the gratitude and love we have for those in our lives.

I'm grateful for the friendships that I have, and the impact they have had on my life. I don't say this much (and I probably won't say it again ;)), but I love you all (I know, lame).

I have learned these last couple of weeks that you REALLY can't tell someone you love them enough.

7 comments:

kellyanddanielle said...

you brought tears to my eyes. you are so right. you should be a writer because you have a way with your words. you guys are great and dan is really amazing. hope you had a great valentines day.

Tyler said...

Awh, shucks... you are right!! Happy Valentimes day to you, too.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

This is sweet katy... good husbands really are hard to find...so it makes you realize how LUCKY (we)are to have em!
Love you too sistah! Mwah!

Lori said...

you are the best writer. I am impressed. And your kids are adorable.

Susan said...

Kids am I missing something?

Katy said...

I thought you were meaning I said kids....NO (s), just one, and it will likely be that way for a while...you know Ellie has "enough" babies!! ;)

Katy said...

By the way, you remembered your password...I was starting to worry!!