Sunday, February 24, 2008

Permission is a TOTAL buzz kill

Yesterday, after we celebrated the February Birthdays (Mom, Aaron and Ben) at P.F. Changs, Dan said we could go shopping (EEK!!). Getting permission to shop is RARE...I usually do it with the intent on apologizing later. My mom taught me that it is easier to ASK forgiveness than permission.

As we were leaving the mall, Ellie said she wanted to go shoe shopping...She really is her mother's daughter!! I did buy Ellie some much needed pants (she went through a massive growth spurt), her current jeans are too short, but the jeans I bought her are still TOO long and TOO big in the waist.

Dan, however; is a shopping princess. He bought several new shirts and a new pair of cleats. I practically had to drag him out of the shoe store (he found some fancy shoes and also a pair of basketball shoes he wanted).

I figure that the permission factor made it impossible for me to find anything for me...There was no thrill to shopping...For me, shopping is the thrill of not getting caught...I practice my techniques on convincing Dan that I bought it months ago. It isn't any fun when he knows about it!!

9 comments:

Lyns said...

I just about peed my pants when I read that Dan is a "shopping princess". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That totally made my day!!

Ondriawfd said...

I so identify with this! That's exactly DH and I. When we go shopping together he buys everything and I have to drag him out of the stores! I act like there's nothing really that I want but later . . . somehow it just appears in my closet. I don't like him knowing I spent the money though. That's too funny.

Katy said...

Ondria, I'm glad it isn't just us!! I think Dan was just on a shopping kick...I'm sure he'll be out of it next week! ;)

kellyanddanielle said...

you are so funny. kelly and i love to shop together. well there isn't much that we don't like to do together. i love spending time with him.

Eric & Jinaya Whiting said...

Hey dork. How's it going? Ellie has gotten so big. She is so cute. It was good to hear from you. Let me know how things are with you guys.

Eric & Jinaya Whiting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie L. said...

I understand your pain Katy! I too have a "shopping princess" who can ALWAYS find things for him but when it comes to me...nothing! I think it's because the guys don't feel the guilt (as much) of buying yourself something or getting your kids something. I feel for ya!

Ash said...

Ha ha! Katy, you kill me, you and your shopping princess!

Jenni said...

LOL! I wish my husband would go shopping w/ me! He absolutely HATES malls!