Saturday, March 1, 2008

I Can CARVE!!!

We went night boarding today with Derek, Tyler, Kyle, and Jake (one of Derek's brother-in-laws). First of all, it was a blizzard!! As we were driving up, the wind was blowing the storm in, and then it started raining. Dan and I thought about not going.

It was pretty crappy up there, it was windy and snowy...YUCK!! Kyle and Tyler are beginners, so they were nice enough to hang out with me. Kyle had me laughing though, because when he crashed it wasn't a little crash...it was huge, it was almost like a mini blizzard. They were both pretty aggressive snowboarders, especially for just beginning!

Anyway...my "good news minute" (don't worry I won't be sharing it in relief society)...I FINALLY figured out how to carve!! I was trying to show Dan as he was waiting at the lift, and of course I crashed a couple times (he makes me nervous), so as I was trying to show him my "stuff"...he was impatiently waiting. He told me he kept thinking..."Quit crashing...I'm cold, just get down here!!" Not only was he whining about me hurrying down, he and Tyler were sissies, and didn't go down another run with Kyle and me! Who's tough now...ME!!

So, anyway...YAY for me!!

And for picture's sake...here are my wonderful socks...they made my feet feel like they were at the beach in July, while my face froze in let's say...Alaska!! I swear, I could've snapped my hair in half if I tried!!

7 comments:

The Randall Family said...

Way to go showing those boys up as you raced down the mountain! LOL! How fun that Ellie is in gymnastics too! Kailey is seriously having a blast! Kailey has a major crush on Brits's husband Rusty so I think that the crushing does start this young! LOL! We're in trouble when they become teenagers. LOL!

Whitney said...

Congrats on the Carving! That's awesome, sounds like you are ready to hit the park :) Call us sometime, I think it would be fun to go together.

Tyler said...

Daaaaang, Gina! Those are some sweet socks! You are a far better sport than I am, 'cause if I saw weather like that I would have stayed at the lodge! LOL.

Sounds like fun! GOOD JOB!

Katy said...

Whitney, we do need to go sometime...especially before you move (it sounds like you guys could be going anywhere)!!

Meagan, I want you guys to come with us sometime...but not when it is a blizzard, I wouldn't do to you what Dan did to me!!

Katie L. said...

Cute socks! I am totally impressed that you can carve (I have no idea about snowboard "talk" but I think I know what that is) and that you even went! It was really bad weather! Thumbs up!

camille said...

well, I can pretty much say "ditto" to Katy Larsen's post. lol I think those socks are too funny. and way to go on the carving,,, even though I really have no idea what it is. sigh.

Lisa said...

Thanks for taking the boys snowboarding they had a great time. Sorry your hair was frozen like icicles Kyle said his was too.