Monday, March 31, 2008

I like your panties...

Yesterday, Ellie's little friend Gracie came to church with us (her dad is in the hospital with Leukemia). They were so cute together!! Ellie loved having a friend sit by us at church. When we got home, I was trying to get dinner ready to take to the hospital (a nice fattening meal including cream cheese and butter). Gracie had to go potty, so of course Ellie had to keep her company. As Grace sat on the potty, Ellie sat on the side of the tub. Their conversation went like this:

Ellie: I like your panties, they're cute.

Grace: Thanks, they have a princess on them.

Ellie: I know, I have some just like them.

It was like they were teenagers!! Seriously!!

I also didn't realize what an amazing ward I am in. Gracie's dad (and our good friend and neighbor) had to be admitted to the hospital a lot sooner than they had expected. I felt like I needed to call the ward to get some meals situated for their family, (they have two small girls, and babies and toddlers do not do well in a hospital setting). The ward quickly got meals coordinated, a list for babysitters, and they are also planning on making his room more positive (he'll be there at least four weeks). The ward has also offered to help financially. They are expecting results from his bone marrow biopsy today, and we are hoping and praying that between the bad, worse and devestating news, that it will be bad. So keep positive thoughts going for our friends...they definitely need them.

10 comments:

Katie L. said...

Don't you love the way that wards work! Once people know someone needs help it's all over the place! I hope all goes well with him.

Lynnette said...

I am glad to hear you have such a great ward. It was so comforting for my family have a a good ward family when my dad was diagnosed with cancer!

And what a cute story! Little girls are soo fun!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

True and honest character of Charity! I'm so sure all of your service and love towards their family will be greatly appreciated!
Sometimes Friendship is the BEST medicine...during situations like that! Thanks 4 sharing Katy!

Katy said...

They are our friends, and I'd help them no matter what, but I was TRULY impressed by my ward, and the individuals in my ward are really stepping up to the plate.

Danielle said...

I know personally that you are such a great friend. You neighbors are lucky to have you and Dan around. We will keep them in our prayers. Keep positive thoughts, it will take you a long way.

DaNae said...

How cute is that!? I like your panties. Haha!

I hope all goes well for your friends. My heart broke when I read your post. Do they know what stage it's in? Why did he have to be admitted? I'm sorry. :( Your friends will definitely be in my prayers. What a great ward! I am amazed at how much people really do care!!

P.S. Your blog is too fun. I'm adding your link on my page, if that's ok! I promise you probably won't get very many stalkers from me! :P

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! Do little girls really have conversations like that?! Guess so!

Rebecca said...

I bet they're not as cute as MY panties! :)

Katy said...

I'm willing to put money on that Becka!! ;)

Kristine said...

Hi Dan and Katie, Hey I got your blog from Kristy's. What fun!!! Your kids are beautiful. If was fun to see what you have been up to.

Love,
Aunt Kristine