Sunday, March 23, 2008

I've Found IT!!!!

I've finally found a dessert I detest!!!

Angel Food Cake!!!

That's right, it is of the DEVIL!!

My mom was sick with the flu today, so we had Easter at my house!! I was totally frazzled (I've never had an important dinner at my house before). I started the the cake as soon as Dan got home from church (Ellie and I didn't stay long, she had some major attituded today). Dan stayed because he was teaching....anyway, back to the story at hand. I put the cake in the oven, put Ellie down for a nap, cleaned a bit...checked on it...totally deflated!! Me, being the sometimes optimist, thought...it'll be okay!! I found a bottle for it to sit upside down on, begged Dan for some help holding it...I tilted it upside down, and the whole cake fell right out of the pan!! Dan was laughing so hard!! I tried to refrain from using some choice words (at least on Dan's behalf...he was the only one edified today *insert rolling of the eyes here*). So, I threw it down the drain...

So, on to round two of the Angel Food Cake (yes, luckly I bought two yesterday...totally did NOT sin today...other than the choice words). Things were looking SO much better, the cake was rising above the pan, cracking, and turning brown just like the directions said it would...then I check on it again...totally deflated YET again!! WTH!!?

I'm quite the fan of dessert, and am quite the dessert maker, but this totally put me in a downer mood!! I will stick to the familiarity of Devil Food Cake!!
For your viewing pleasure...pictures of the sad little cake...
Yummy....

17 comments:

camille said...

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katie, that is so sad, horrible, crappy, and completely hilarious!!! I would have been FUMING! lol so sorry about the devil cake that was pretending to be an angel!

Lyns said...

Ummmm Katy dearest--had I realized that you checked on it I would have explained the problem. You can NOT open the oven door on angel food cake. It's like a souffle--opening the door makes it fall. Silly rabbit!!!

Katie L. said...

Ha! That is so funny! I made a chocolate cake the other day (homemade and so good) and what did it do...start the oven on fire!!!! I feel your pain!

Katy said...

What do you take me for Lynsey!!? It fell in the oven, without me opening the door...do lights affect it falling too?

The Gulls said...

Thats so sad katy! Poor angel food cake. I always just buy them because im sure thats that would happen to mine. Hope you guys had a good easter.

Katy said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much over it...store bought for sure next time!!

Kristyn said...

Oh my gosh I'm dying Katy!! That whole thing is so funny. And I love the picture too, b/c I was totally wondering what it looked like. Sometimes I wonder if just ordering out the ENTIRE meal is a better idea. We'll go in on it together next year.

Nicole said...

Okay, that just made my day!! ROFL!! :) Was that angel food cake from a mix?? I have never made it from a mix, it is pretty easy to do from scratch, and if I don't have time for that it is so cheap to buy, that I totally cheat and buy it! :)

Amy said...

Oh that is funny!
I would have done the same thing as well! I guess now I know to never try to bake an Angel Food Cake! I'll buy mine already made from now on.

Katy said...

You just add water and WA LA, you get a pancake!!

Sabrina said...

Love that you added pictures! Angel food cake is my FAVORITE. But I always make my husband make it. Plus now I'm afraid to try!!! I love the easter pictures! She's a doll!

Emily C. said...

Dan cooked better than that on our mission! JK. I didn't see anything wrong with it. It looks better now than when it comes out, right? Look on the bright side!

Katy said...

I totally don't believe that Clark!! Besides if that is true, he really needs to start pushing his weight in the kitchen!!

Oh, and you made me vomit in my mouth a little...

kellyanddanielle said...

that's cute. i love to cook, but this is one thing that i'm too scared to even try. hurra to you for trying TWICE! sorry it didn't turn out for you.

Susan said...

Much better to make, from a box anyway. Store made aren't quite a light in texture. All I can figure out is that maybe you didn't use a metal or glass bowl?

Scott Olson said...

Oh man I'm laughing so hard I'm coughing from the cold I have. Honey you are just to funny you write in such a way that I can just picture what happened when but keep your spirits up! just a question...was there a lot of jumping around going on or where you continuously opening the oven door...cause that can do it to...but it's still funny!!!

love ya
Scott

Katy said...

Scott...I swear, no jumping and no door opening, I just don't have Angel Food Cake making skills... :)