Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bowling and Bad Pictures...

but let's pretend they are artsy!!

Dan and I had a list of things we wanted to do with Ellie today (ride Trax, The Children's Museum, Hogle Zoo, etc.), but when you finally get ready at 2:30...options are limited!! So, we decided to go to Sizzler (Ellie's favorite restaurant, she still eats free so it is ours too!!), and then we went to Fat Cats for some family bowling.

I've mentioned before that the Jessens (well my immediate family of Jessens) are notorious for either having a full memory card or low batteries when taking pictures. My folly was low batteries (the batteries were new, and I didn't charge them...my badness!!). Anyway, Ellie loved bowling, and she was so funny. She got so excited when any of us knocked down any of the pins (she would jump up and down, and say, "Cool dude!!"). She is SO independent too, she insisted on carrying her ball by herself to the ramp, and when she knocked some pins over she would give us a round of high fives. Anyway, Dan won, Ellie was second, and I was last...SHOCKER!!

Ellie liked her bowling shoes so much that she tried to steal them...

5 comments:

clayton said...

Just caught up on your blog and it was some fun stuff to read. I really enjoyed the questions and answers session. Didn't see the high school picture though... I do love the pictures you post and what fun your daughter will have reading these when she is grown.

Katy said...

I need to find one at my Mom's house...it is going to take me a while, I have to find a cute one!! :)

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

I actually think that low battery gave your pictures quite the nostalgic feel. It's hard to get going on such a rainy day!!!

Katy said...

I wish it was only rainy days that kept us from getting a move on...BLECH!

camille said...

check her out,,, striking a pose for ya! =)

My boys like bowling too, but they get a bit frustrated when they don't knock down very many pins. NO worries about the pictures, - look at it this way, the way the pictures turned out makes it so you remember that bowling trip even more! lol