Sunday, May 4, 2008

Church is Exhausting!!

Today we subbed for Ellie's nursery teachers...WOW!! We had eight kids (not bad by any standard), but they were an active group!! Six of the eight kids had to go to the bathroom at the same time. Two of them missed the potty (Ellie being one of them). One was a boy, and I haven't had to deal with potty training a boy...I don't know what to have them do...stand up sit down (fight, fight, fight :) )...Two of them had BMs, that was fun.

Lucky for us, they really enjoyed a game called night and day. We would turn off the light, and they'd all lay down and close their eyes, then we'd turn the light on, and they'd jump up and scream, and act all crazy-like. Dan and I soon made night longer then day. So, kudos to all those nursery teachers!!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Just remember you were exhausting too! What goes around comes around.

Team Hancock said...

I love your new pictures, what a great photographer. I lOVE the age gap between my kids. I have so much to say about it, we will have to chat, speaking of... Are you ready for another SF reunion?Jennie B. is going to be in town. I was thinking we could get together on the 17th of May (Sat). We could do dinner or we could get together at a park or soemthing. Let me know. Also, I can't post on Meagan's blog so perhaps let her know as well.

Sydnee

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Okay...if you could see me right now...(I am laughing soooo hard!)
BM's...Katy? Dang, that's a little TOO much info 4 me!
Glad you "enjoyed" your lil' nursery adventure...you never know maybe your next calling will be...NURSERY! :P

Oh thanks 4 kickin' it with me on Thurs. (even though your a DORK!)
I'll call ya later!
luv ya,
Marie

The Gulls said...

Can you come and take over our nursery?! Please.. Me and andy teach it and we hate it. It was fun at first but now its just annoying. Im glad you guys enjoyed it though.

Wilkinson Family said...

Hi Katy,
It's Rachel (Llewellyn) Wilkinson.
I love your pictures on your blog, they are so darling. I say yay for Nursery and their teachers. Brecken is barely old enough for Nursery but they let him come anyway THANK GOODNESS! Come visit our blog.
www.rnbwilkinson.blogspot.com

clayton said...

What an awesome picture. You guys are so crazy. It sounds like fun to jump and scream and go nuts. Love it!
Clayton

Lori said...

LOVE THE PICTURE!!!! So cute Katy! I know church is exhausting enough, never the less chasing kids huh.

steph heartjustin said...

Katy- You are so great! I love the blog and I love the new family pictures. That girl also did some of my other friends, she is really good. But it really helps that you have such a cute family!! You can add to your friends if you choose to do so.. p.s. you better!
jsolsenfamily.blogspot.com

Lynnette said...

I miss my nursery calling..lol

camille said...

ok, I am tucking that idea in my memory bank! we always resorted to bubbles when we ran out of things to do. great idea guys!