Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oh really...

So, we've had some toddler blunders today...

The first was when I asked Ellie at my Mom and Dad's house what her favorite show was (I was honest to goodness expecting her to say Dancing with the Stars), and she replied Dexter. I don't know if there are many of you that watch Dexter...it is a Showtime original series, but it has been playing on NBC (channel 5?). Anyway, it is about a serial killer who kills serial killers. It is SUCH a good show!! I don't think Ellie has ever watched it, but Dan and I always rush home on Sundays to catch it, and I know she has heard us talk about it. So, yes...Ellie's favorite show is apparently about a serial killer.

The second thing she did today (also at my parent's house), was that she got everyone's attention and let out a "toot". I was telling my mom that she can "toot" on demand (she's done it several times for Dan). Instead, she gives it a little effort, and replied, "I can't, I'm empty."

We went to watch Dan's game today...Ellie loved it. She would yell to him, and he'd wave to her, she thought it was fantastic. After the game, Ellie stole Dan's hat and sunglasses she was backing up and saying, "You can't get me!" She wasn't paying attention where she was going, and when she turned around to run, she ran right into the concrete garbage can.

Usually I try to avoid the ball park, not just because usually I am sweaty and gross by the end of the day (entertaining a toddler is HARD!!) and don't want to run into people I know, but because I have a MAJOR fear of a ball hitting me in the head! Seriously, does anyone else have nightmares about that?

It was fun though, I saw Ashley, Hillary, Jen and Tiffany, and we got to catch up a little!! :)

11 comments:

Ondriawfd said...

Isn't it funny how much kids watch us. We really have to be careful with EVERYTHING we do. The only show I watch with my kids is American Idol. Everything else I wait until after they go to bed and then watch it on the computer.

Katy said...

I think Ellie has heard us talk about it, usually she is in the tub or in bed when it starts, but she was VERY adamant that Dexter was her favorite show!!

I love that shows that you can catch online, I've been catching up on Ugly Betty!! :)

Ash said...

She so darn cute!! I love it he tooting story! I know it's kinda dumb, but I'm also a little freaked about foul balls when I'm not playing ball. I didn't used to be, but Trent had a freak foul ball accident where it came over the back stop and somehow into the dugout (which was covered except for a tiny little gap--and hit him in the eye! Now, I'm afraid that one of my kids will get hit by another freaky foul ball.

The Gulls said...

Hey it was good seeing you last night. I hope dan and andy get to play against each other some time. Did he win? Andy never got to finish his game. The lights turned off half way through the game and they couldnt get them back on. Ellie and corbin would be great together. He tried to fart all the time. He thinks its so funny. If friday doesnt work we can go sat. We wont be long at the reception.

Katie L. said...

I love what she says! Sam asked about Elle today (which means Ellie) and asked if she can play at the fishy park (a park by us). We'll have to get them together again!

Katy said...

Jen, Dan's team did win, but only because of the too many homeruns rule (or else they would have slaughtered us!!). I'll talk to Dan tonight and see what is best for him...I will also call Marie and Tasha either today or tomorrow.

Katie, Ellie would LOVE that!! Do you want to get them together tomorrow to play? I'm trying to get a lot of outside stuff in, because when it gets too hot...I'll be stayin' inside!!

Danielle said...

That is so funny , just the other day Hailey's daycare ladies were concerned about some things that Hailey had said. She saw some of the show cops with bub and now she has been saying that the police man is going to kill her or her Dad. The story changes every once in a while. But kids say the funniest things. I love that she can toot on demand:)

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

Your daughter is adorable! It was so fun seeing you the other day. I think our husbands are playing each other next week, so hopefully we'll get to see each other again. You are so beautiful!!

Katie L. said...

Yeah, call me tomorrow and we can totally play (or at least the kids can)!

camille said...

ohhh, I love little kid comments! I really should record more of them. but, I must say, her "empty" comment was the best! hee hee

and as far as balls hitting you at the ballfield - -- ya, it has not happened there yet,, but playing with my son last weekend I missed the ball (I was catching the throw) and got whammed in the mouth causing a bloody lip and now a nice kanker sour in my mouth! UGH! I guess it is a war wound of having boys!

The Randall Family said...

LOL! She said she was "empty" LOL! Oh that's so funny! : ) I am always scared of getting hit by a ball at the ball park too, so I share your fear. : )