Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...Mom

Even though my mother despises Mother's Day, it gives me a chance to reflect on all the wonderful things she has done for my family and me...

1. While I am in school, she takes Ellie every day, she never gets a break (I'm sure she is enjoying her summer!!).

2. If I don't call her, she calls me. We talk on the phone every day.

3. She is a good listener, and most of the time she gives good advice.

4. She shares her People magazine with me.

5. When I lived at home, she would wait up for me to get home, and we would stay up another two hours or so just talking.

6. I like that she says I was a "pleasant surprise" and not a mistake.

7. She is SO talented. She can make anything, or find someone to do the part she can't do.

8. Now that she has grandbabies, when she browses TJ Maxx, she can't help but head over to the kid's clothes and toys.

9. She LOVES Barbie dolls, so if all else fails and you don't know what to get her...get her a Barbie (or a ring).

10. She is a good cook, and even though she says she is only going to have us over on the last Sunday of the month...it ends up being LOTS more.

11. Whenever she goes to Sam's, she calls to see if I need anything or asks if I want to go.

12. She is very protective of her kids. She only liked our friends growing up if they were nice to us.

13. She is the first person to laugh at herself. She fell (and rolled) one time when we were in Florida as we were walking through a fast food parking lot during a lunch hour rush. Once she got up, she was laughing hysterically.

14. She's laid back...some might not enjoy this quality, but I do!!

15. She is so funny.

Those of you that know my mom, know that she is fantastic. I like when people tell me that I am like my mom...I think it is the best compliment EVER!! I love my mom, she is one of the most selfless people I know (maybe I should get to know more people :)). I appreciate all the things she does for my family and me. Thanks Mom, I love you!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks, Katy you made me have a tear. I'm very proud of the daughter you are, and the mother you've become, and you are my pleasant surprise!