Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Shopping is officially NOT fun!!

I had my very first stressful shopping experience today...I used coupons!! I swore I would NEVER use coupons, but after seeing a load of good deals others were getting, I decided to jump right in. I got a load of stuff for only $52 today (I will post a picture soon).

I just envision the poor cashiers seeing a frequent couponer in their line....poor souls!! Today Meagan and I hit up Walgreen's (which I still do not get, but apparently they have some amazing deals), and then we went to Albertson's. Meagan slowed the line at Albertson's down with a rain check snafu, and then I made it worse with all of my 10 for $10 items. The cashier was not too pleased, and the bagger thought it was funny. I was sweating bullets when Meagan was checking out, and then when it was my turn my heart was beating so fast...YIKES!! Oh, and it wasn't adrenaline, I think it was fear!! I hope I get the hang of this couponing business, because as of now, shopping is officially NOT fun!!

Okay, picture is up, and my buys were 10 six packs of bottle water, 10 Granola bites, 10 Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauces, 2 Bertolli Sauces, 5 Lipton dinners, 1 Lawry's Marinade, and 1 All Liquid Detergent (which now I am realizing was $9.99 and not $3...definitely not a coupon sleuth).

In total with tax, I spent $52.76, but I saved $44.73.

5 comments:

Katie L. said...

Ha! Why can I picture that! But don't you get excited when you see all that you got and you actually saved money??? I LOVE coupons!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

I am a coupon shopper too! Well my sis is the pro, but I'd love getting a crap load of things for so lil' money! who doesn't? :P
I'm proud of ya though...if you keep it up, you'll get the hang of it! :P

Amy said...

It's fun to read your version of the shopping trip and then read Meagan's version. Your girls crack me up!

Lynsey said...

You and Meagan should come up and shop with Kellie and me. Seriously it's a RIOT! And you would get some killer deals!

Anonymous said...

i am so jealous! i secretly want to be a coupon girl, but i would feel just like you. shiz-i'm nervous to even use a GIFTCARD that someone actually paid for...i feel all cheap and dirty.