Wednesday, May 21, 2008

High School Tag...

Elise tagged me, so I'll give this my best shot....
I decided to add Dan to the high school tag, since this is OUR family blog...I'm in green and Dan is in red.

1. If you could tell your teenage self something what would it be?
I would tell my teenage self something like this, "teenage self, don't worry about what people think of you in high school, because in all reality some of the 'it' kids will be total losers once high school is over." :P

Actually I still struggle with people not liking me...hence the stress of shopping with coupons.

Get good grades. Ask the hottest girl in school on a date. Try out for the football team instead of the golf team. Stay in baseball.

2. Did you do any extracurricular activities in high school?
I did cheer for two years, I played the violin until my Senior year of high school (and during the ten years I played...I never figured out how to tune it, so I have a beautiful violin that most likely will never be played again *tear*), and I dabbled in Spanish my Sophomore year.

Golf, kissing girls, and some other unmentionable extracurricular activities that I don't want to mention on the blog.

3. What did you do in your free time?
I had two jobs in high school, the Chillon and Wingers (my Senior year). I did have a lot of free time though...we would cruise Main Street as a joke. Andy, Jordan and Joe have a story about this, they didn't get any numbers...but they had fun with each other and a tube of red lipstick...I won't get into details, but it did involve kissing!! :)

I also cruised the 8 once with Jordan and Joe, we were in Jordan's truck (that he got for getting a 36 on his stupid ACT). Anyway, I made Joe sit in the middle, so that I could duck while we were driving around. I thought it would look funny to have them sitting right next to each other (you know, sitting "honky" or whatever). Apparently they thought I was trying to make it look like I was doing something else...I didn't realize that until a couple of weeks ago!! ICK!!

What is the difference between question #2 and #3?

4. Coolest thing you did in high school...
Okay, so this probably isn't considered one of the coolest moments, but I tend to think of the funny moments as my time in the spotlight!! :)

I was known as the cheerleader with the "rubber boobs". I had problems filling dresses, my cheer top, etc. (don't worry what I lack in the chest, I make up in the bum!!). My mom bought me some inserts for my bra one year (they looked like chicken cutlets). Anyway, there were plenty of mishaps with those inserts. I had one come loose at a basket ball game (Senior year). I also think I lost one on a date (do you remember that Swens?). Good times, I actually threw them away last year (they started to fall apart). So there you have it, a tribute to my rubber boobs. :)

I jumped over the cement benches in front of the school with my skateboard...actually I "half-cabbed" it, and my friends thought it was the coolest thing ever.

5. Did you have a boyfriend/girlfriend in high school?
I had loose lips in high school, but I didn't actually "date" someone until I was a Senior, and he went to Timpview.

Many.

6. Songs that come to mind...
Cake was huge during high school. There is a song that reminds me of Marie (I can't remember what it is called), P. Diddy, Mase, and Biggie sing it... Also the one song I HATED was that, "once there was this kid who..." song...I thought it was awful (it is in my head right now...hate it!!). I still liked the old music back then...

Sublime, Rage against the Machine (I went to the Rage concert at the fairgrounds and I got fired from my job), 311, Tupac, and the Beastie Boys.

7. If you could change one thing what would it be?
Nothing. Although I am not necessarily proud of all the things I have done in my life, they've made me who I am, and I DID take concurrent enrollment classes, but I am STILL on the nine year plan (one more year and I am DONE!!).

I would have been myself more. Betty Wyman told me what classes I need to take to graduate, and I didn't take it seriously...I wish I would have.

8. What did you think you would be when you grew up?
It changed daily. I've wanted to be a doctor, a lawyer, etc. The one thing I didn't want to be is the one thing I love now, and that is being a stay at home mom.

I never really thought about it.

9. Picture of self...
I'm not scared, I'll post one (I'll grab one from my Mom's house)...and some of you may make a surprise appearance on my blog!! :)

I'll see if I can find one somewhere.

10. Craziest thing you did in high school...
I got run over in the school parking lot!! Does anyone else remember this? So funny!! My Sophomore year, I was walking out to the Blazer (I was waiting for Aaron to drive me home). Scott C. had that fabulous, yellow jeep, and he would always follow me in it, and pretend he was going to run me over. Anyway, this time I jumped on the front of it (it had a little space where I could stand or squat). After he drove around the parking lot for a bit, I thought he stopped, so I went to jump off...yeah he didn't stop, and he ran over my leg. He was so stressed out when he got out of the car. I told him to back up, because my shoe was under his tire. Aaron finally came outside, just as I was getting some spectators. As soon as I got in the car he started yelling at me, so I cried!! Scott brought me flowers the next week...he was really sweet.

So, probably not my craziest moment, but one of the more stupid moments. :)

I went to Los Hermanos to eat with my friends. We planned on dining and ditching. We ordered the most expensive meals, and after we ate I really had to go to the bathroom, but my friends thought I was "going to the bathroom". When I walked back to my table, my friends were all gone, and the bus boys were cleaning up the table. I acted stupid like I didn't know that my friends were going to leave. So the bus boys told me just to leave, but the manager was coming down the stairs right as they told me that. She said I had to stay there until my meal was paid for. My friend Andy Poulsen pulled out all the money he had in his savings to put toward the meal, but my parents had to pay the rest of it. My friends came over and apologized to my parents that night.

Tag to:
Marie, Jen, Julie, and Amberly...

6 comments:

Katie L. said...

Ha! I was totally there for the whole lipstick thing on main with those guys! I forgot about that!!! I just want to know who kissed who to make us think they got girls??? And who can forget the boobs...I am still laughing! Oh the good times!!!

Katy said...

They ALL kissed each other!! They went to some EXTREMES to win that bet!!

The Gulls said...

Andy and those guys where so weird in high school. I loved the boob part, thats funny. Andy did cheat on your test... I cant believe he would do something like that

Tyler said...

Okay, that boob story was killing me. I laughed so hard I was crying. I read it to Tyler and he wants to know if Dan liked them (his words, not mine).

Lynsey said...

Ok--I'm practically peeing my pants over the boob story!! And how fun for Dan--he gets to have sex with the cheerleader! HOORAY! LOL!!

Katy said...

Dan caught the rubber boobs on their last leg. I did wear them to my wedding though (talk about false advertising). He didn't get to appreciate them like my other boyfriends!! ;)

Just kidding mom.