Sunday, June 29, 2008

Best Birthday Present EVER!!

We ditched out on church this morning (I know, we're total sinners!!), but I'm not going to put Ellie into nursery unless I know that she is completely over her staph infection...

Well, there was a knock at the door, I yelled at Dan to answer (silly me, he NEVER answers the door)...I heard Ellie say, "Mom, its Greg and Debra!!", to which I was thinking..."yeah right." (Debra is my good friend that moved about 35 minutes North of us in February).

Anyway, I opened the door, and there was Debra...YAY!! She stopped by the house on her way back home from a scrapbooking retreat. She handed over my favorite present (she claims it isn't my present, but I don't want anything else!!).
Now the background behind the photos...Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday!! I love the decorations, trick or treaters, costumes, candy, etc. However, Dan has never liked it, but when he was growing up he wasn't allowed to go trick or treating (bummer, right?). Anyway, I always call him the Halloween scrooge!!

Dan started liking Halloween once we had Ellie, because she got to dress up, and he got to take her from house to house. Well, a couple of years ago we were invited to our first Halloween party. This was Dan's very first time dressing up for Halloween, and I think he finally got the "Halloween bug". Doesn't he look fabulous? I watched Memoirs of a Geisha the night before to make sure I had the makeup aspect right, and Dan had the PERFECT lips for it!! Before we left for the party, we stopped by Greg and Debra's for a photo op.

We won first prize at the party, and after we left we started planning our costume for the next year...unfortunately we didn't make it to that party, but we definitely have ideas "a flowin'" for the years to come!!

Thanks Debra!!


I should also mention that I got a ton of new clothes, and I can't wait to wear them!! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny...my post is about the worst b-day ever...and yours is about the best present ever! Happy B-day! Holy cow...LOVE the pic of you and Dan and how he is sucking his lips in in the first pic. LOVED that book, LOVED the movie, LOVED the costumes...

Katie L. said...

Happy happy birthday...may all your dreams come TRUE...happy happy birthday...(I don't remember the rest) hee hee hee! I love the pictures, you guys totally go all out! I do love that book and movie too!

DaNae said...

Happy Birthday!! Those pictures are awesome... and I am with you on Halloween! I love it!! But... it's also my birthday, so I'm a little biased. ;) Do you have your costumes planned out for this year?

Lisa said...

Happy belated Birthday... I hope you had an awesome day it sounds like you did. Those pictures are cute. Austin was the Halloween finatic, I only went along with him to make him happy. I think it was the fact that he could spend a ton on candy and justify it?? I can't wait to see what you have planned for this year.

Maddie said...

Did you have a great birthday?

I LOVE those photos! Too funny. I am trying to come up with an awesome costume for this year.

(This is Meagan)

Lyns said...

HEY!!! Happy Birthday!! I'm a bad friend!! I'm soooooo sorry!! Do you hate me?? My gift to you is moving closer! YAY!

steph heartjustin said...

Happy late birthday! Yes I would love to get together and be domestic! I have a sewing machine so i could bring it somewhere or we could do it at my house.. But I leave next Sunday for another river trip and I will be gone for 10 days( and yes so glad that I didn't do the intern!) so if we can make it work this week or if you want to do it when I get back.. or whateverah! Let me know!

The Gulls said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Ondriawfd said...

Ha! That's funny! I bet he loves that you posted it on the blog for the whole world to see too. ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good one. Great pictures. I can see why it's your best birthday present ever.

Charee B Mcclellan said...

Happy Belated birthday! Sounds like it was great! I love the halloween costumes. We love dressing up and winning the costume contests!!!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Hey sis...I totally love the costumes...Dan gets 5 gold stars from me! :P
Hope you had an awesome birthday...I know Dan spoiled you!
I hope you got my text on your birthday?

Love ya "old lady" he he he!

Danielle said...

That really was the best Halloween costume ever! You guys are awesome.