Monday, June 16, 2008

Ellie...The Town Crier

So yesterday while we were at my parent's house, Ellie went out the front door. She was yelling for me to come outside. When I didn't come right away she started yelling louder, "MOM!! MOM!! Come outside and look at this boy!!" I finally got outside and saw a teenage boy walking with his skateboard. When I got out there, the boy was still walking and was on my parent's driveway. Ellie yelled as loud as she could (and I know he was within ear shot), "Look at that boy mom, he's DUMB!! He doesn't have a helmet!!"

Talk about embarrassing, what do I say? "I'm sorry, my daughter and I talk about idiots, like you, who don't wear helmets all the time. The little one hasn't figured out that even though we call you dumb behind your back, it isn't nice to say it to your face."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know...the more i read about ellie and her little sayings...the more and more i like this girl. i appreciate someone who can be blunt and call it what it is...i'd keep her around for awhile if i were you.

Ondriawfd said...

Serves him right! Little kids call it like they see it.

Jenni said...

Aww she is hilarious! I know one day Rem will be like that too.

Susan said...

Perfect quote of the day to go along with your post! Even if what she said was true!

camille said...

ok, that last part was hilarious!!! so are you going to say I am an idiot for letting my kids ride their bikes in the driveway without helmets??? oh, and sometimes even when we go on bike rides? ROFL.

carrie said...

Hey Katy, Thanks again for yesterday! Sorry about your Spongbob crackers, we owe you! It was good to finally get together and meet your cute Ellie. I am excited to go swimming tomorrow and get a real tan. I also have to say that I was and am impressed with your sewing skills! I need you to teach me, those slings are so cute!

Mrs. Brindley said...

Hey! It is true! I did move back into the old ward. I must be crazy! Your Ellie is adorable! How old is she now?

The Gulls said...

Wow good job ellie. she is so funny katy. We need to get her and corbin together again so they can play

kellyanddanielle said...

that's great. little children say it how it is. keep up the good job ellie. and you too mom.

Susan said...

Katy Jessica said that she and her dad are trying to view mom's blog. They'd like and invite. Could you hook them up? You know what a blogging idiot I am!
Thanks!

How was dan's Night?

Britt n Mike said...

Ellie is such a doll. I love the honesty that comes out of the mouth of little kids.

Marla said...

OH!!!!!! I'm rolling!!! LOL I love that!!!!!!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

You have a great kid....must be because of the parents!