Saturday, June 7, 2008

Potato Bugs

Anyone who knows Ellie, knows that her life is consumed by potato bugs. This girl can spot them a mile away. She likes to give them rides on her bike, she gives them baths in puddles, she gives them rides in the car, and she has no problems eating with one hand and holding potato bugs in the other (I'm just hoping that she hasn't eaten a couple on accident...EEW!!). Ellie has asked me to hold them a couple of times...not that big of a deal, right? Then she will hand me five!! Have you ever tried to babysit five potato bugs? They scatter all over the place!!

This is how you will know she has spotted one...


When she has one she will usually keep a pretty tight fist, so they won't escape!!

She is starting to be more "catch and release" when she finds potato bugs now, but I am sure she has lost plenty in her carseat.

4 comments:

Debra said...

She is too cute! Potato bugs are good. I can do potato bugs....its when its spiders or maybe a PRAYING MANTIS (ha ha ha) that I get jumpy. ;)

Katy said...

She was messing with a moth today...that totally gave me the heebie jeebies!!

Marla said...

LOL She's cute! THat's funny that she likes the bugs. Ethan is fascinated with them, but he tends to try and kill them and then runs away screaming! LOL

Katy said...

Marla, I wish she was the same way...I can't tell you how many potato bugs I have found in my house!!