Sunday, June 1, 2008

She's a Vegetarian

Okay, so not necessarily a vegetarian, but she is rather concerned...

I went to Sam's a couple of days ago with my mom, Ellie was climbing around the meat...I casually told her not to because there was blood on the meat refrigerator. When she asked where the blood came from, I gave her the whole spill about how our meat comes from animals like chickens, cows and pigs. She was pretty upset by it, but I thought she had forgotten about it. Fast forward to today, I was cooking beef and green peppers, and as I was slicing the meat, Ellie said, "Mom, don't!! The animal is bleeding!" I told her the animal was already dead. Then Ellie said, "Mom, the meat said to me, 'Don't eat me, I'm bleeding and it makes me sad that you are going to eat me.'"

Once the meat was no longer red, Ellie chowed down...

And on another note, when Ellie was saying her bedtime prayers...she said pretty much everyone's names, but then she said, "Please bless they won't get hit by a car."

13 comments:

Ash said...

That's a funny story. Ellie is such a smarty pants! I hope Brooklyn doesn't find out where meat comes for a while or her food choices will really be narrowed down...

Ash said...

Oh, had to add, we drove through Spanish Fork on Saturday and I thought of you! You're awesome!

Marla said...

Oh!! That's so funny that she is so concerned about the poor animals!!

Aaron said...

Thats, weird because I got in a car accident yesturday. She must have not said my name. Just kidding.

Katy said...

Aaron, I was stressed for a second!!

Scott Olson said...

Katy,

I just love reading through your site. I can't wait to get home in a couple of weeks and see you all.

love ya
Scott

Danielle said...

Shat is so funny! Kids say the cutest things and then they can just turn around and say something totally embarrasing too.

Anonymous said...

seriously...everyt ime i read your blog and read the cute things ellie is saying to you, it makes me excited to have kids someday. random thought, i know, but your daughter is SO FUNNY!

carrie said...

Sweet! What is BYOSM?

Anonymous said...

Katy, the lady said she could take up to 8. So I think we're at 5 right now...including us 3, and then Meg's mom and sis. I haven't heard back for sure from Syd...so I think it's safe to say that we could invite 2 more. The more the merrier!

Wilkinson Family said...

how funny! I would love to talk to you about first grade (I loved it). So do you have year round school up north or will it be in the fall?

Ondriawfd said...

Oh that's so cute! I feel the same way about meat but she says it way cuter than I ever could.

camille said...

she is such a tender hearted kid! I love it!!!!