Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ellie's Daddy

There is no little girl that loves her daddy more than Ellie. I need to brag about Dan 1) because it is Father's Day and 2) because he is one of the best dads (besides my own) in the world.

I admire Dan so much...he works so hard to be a good provider for our family. He works at a lousy job where he is required to work outside in all kinds of weather, he works long hours, and he works around some pretty trashy guys. Even though he is exhausted when he comes home, the very first thing he does when he walks in the door is that he drops everything and plays with Ellie.

When we are out and about, Ellie only wants Dan to hold her, or Dan to push her. I don't blame her, he will push her around in the shopping cart backwards, and run up and down the aisles. He also lets her ride in the blue, car shopping cart at Macey's.

Dan is so proud of his little girl. When she is finally asleep in her bed at night, I always feel relieved, but Dan ALWAYS mentions that he misses her. During the day, Dan plays everything from shopping to taking care of babies with Ellie. He will entertain her for hours just running around the house.

My favorite thing about Dan is that he will take a bath with Ellie, under one condition...he has to wear underwear (he doesn't want to scar Ellie for life). I call him a never-nude (think Tobias on Arrested Development). Ellie wants to be just like her Dad, I can't tell you how many times she has insisted on taking a bath with her underwear on too.

As sappy as it sounds, and I'm even embarrassed that I am writing this, my heart is so unbelievably full seeing the love that Dan and Ellie have for each other, and I feel so lucky that I get to witness that love every single day.

I love you Dan.







Oh, and from the two of us...18 holes wherever you choose!! You also have a Fantasy Baseball shirt in the mail!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

That is so cute! It didn't even don on me to do that. But I think I will thanks..!

I loved your slings, I wish I could do that stuff with you guys! FUN!