Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Terrible Twos? Ha!!

Ellie took a later nap today, which meant that bedtime was REALLY going to be a struggle!! I had to grab her from downstairs to get her to brush her teeth and go potty...she put up a huge fight!! By the time I got her teeth brushed, she was livid!! She ran into her bedroom (with the lights off), and shut the door!! We put a child proof doorknob on the inside of her door a while ago, so since she couldn't get out, and the lights were off...she started screaming!!

Dan and I opened the door, and told her it was time to say prayers. Dan asked if he could say it, but she told him to "don't talk!!". I started saying it, and she said, "NO!! I'm going to say it!!". I told her to go for it, and the little stinker said, "Our dear Heavenly Father...please bless NOBODY!!" Dan and I were shocked, but we started to laugh, that only made her more mad. She then said she hated us!!

Needless to say, I did not lay down to cuddle with her tonight. That made her really upset too. We had a little talk. I told her it was okay to be mad, but we should never be or say mean things to others. She asked for her baby doll, Lissy. I went downstairs to get her, and when I came back to her room. She asked me why I didn't like her. We had another discussion...I laid down and talked to her, and when I was done, she smiled and said. "Mom, you get mad and say you won't lay down with me, but then you always do."

So, there you have it, it is my fault she is naughty!!

10 comments:

Ash said...

I'm SO glad that I'm not the only one with a crazy toddler! The terrible two's came a year late for her... I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who put a child proof doorknob thing on the inside of my child's room... The only difference is that my toddler says (when I tell her it's time for bed), "Awww, I never getta stay up!"

Unknown said...

That is a cute story. Lil' kids are always so funny even though they don't try to be!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

That made me laugh!! She is hilarious! Do you remember being like that when you were little? I've heard that I did stuff like that occasionally. ;) I remember babysitting you and Aaron and you ran away because I was trying to make you eat your lunch or dinner before dessert. :)

TiffanyHarrison said...

She is a crack up!! I also put the child lock on my Ellie's bedroom door, but the little mess has figured out how to get it open- Dang!!:^)

Katy said...

Tiffany, she's smart!!

Marla said...

Oh that's so funny!!! Probably wasn't at the time to you, but it sure made me laugh!

Britt n Mike said...

Her little prayer made me laugh. Mikey's 4 and I still have a hard time getting him to bed. I hope at some point he will just start saying "Ok mom."

The Gulls said...

Thats so funny. corbin is being really bad lately to. Luckly he cant talk back but he will scream and yell at us. the other day he got mad at his cousin, pulled her ponytail and yanked her to the ground all because he wanted the ball she had. I dont know what to do with him either. Hopefully he will grow out of it soon. Let me know when you want to get ellie and corbin together again. anytime is good for us!

Jo's Mama said...

That is hilarious! I can't wait for my girl to start doing that!

Bless nobody? She is a funny one.

camille said...

oh katy, katy, katy, . . . . I wish I had something profound or interesting to say, but the words just don't even come to my mind. YUP, this is life with a toddler. 1 minute they are so stink'n cute and sweet, and then it is like they were posesed by some wicken mean creature that is completely horrible! unfortnately, my 2 year old has more of the horrible times than the sweet times. UGH!!! I keep waiting for it to change, but it hasn't! anyone want to check into a loony bin with me?!?!?! lol